Please help me with my jap head unit!

chloemae123, Jan 13, 7:16am
Hey, ok, so i bought my 2002 toyota last year, and it came with a headunit that plays cds, dvd gps, etc. its all in japanese so only know how to use cd and radio, but is there anyway to convert it to english! so i know how to use possibly the dvd player, i know the gps def wont work in nz.model number of it is NMCT-W51. I have googled everything, and nothing has helped me out. thanks!

n3d4sp3d, Jan 13, 7:18am
rip it out and put a nz head unit in its place

chloemae123, Jan 13, 7:19am
yeh thats my second option.

xs1100, Jan 13, 8:42am
make it yr first and save a lot of grief,get a head unit and a toyota pocket and a couple wiring looms (1 x toyota and i x what ever headunit) from repco and you are away laughing not hard at all

shane.64, Jan 13, 9:28am
You could try and ask a Toyota dealer to load on a English DVD software for this .Similar to thishttp://nitrodownloads.net/search/toyota_genuine_dvd_navigation_nd3t_w55

kazbanz, Jan 13, 9:29am
chloe-either just enjoy what youv'e got or fit a kiwi headeck. There was one really clever guy got the DVD to work with some fancy gear fitted

fordcrzy, Jan 13, 9:39am
mine has a media player hooked up to it via the video in function.320 gigs of music for us and movies to keep the ankle biters quiet

fordcrzy, Jan 13, 9:41am
what sort of toyota! is that the model number on the front! they usually have a number like 16030 or similar