Water in car oil etc

jessie981, Mar 5, 7:17pm
grandie's car went into a huge hole coming over to help me EQ day. Car filled with water & the water has gone into car oil & goodness knows what else. Is there a product that can be flushed through the engine etc to clean it out! Thanx for your help.

jessie981, Mar 5, 9:56pm
can anyone help!

pandai, Mar 5, 9:58pm
It might be toast.Especially if the engine ingested water.

elect70, Mar 5, 10:07pm
does it still go ,if notit will probably have stuffedthe motor. If still goes OK just change oil with cheap stuffrun it for while & change the oil & filter again .tousual oil . SprayCRC over everything under the bomnnet .

afer_daily, Mar 5, 11:09pm
i thought you where going to say you had been to a garage staffed by people of a different ethnic variety and got them to check under the hood !

toxicgreen., Mar 6, 12:29am
iF YOU HAVENT TRIED TO START IT YET THATS A GOOD THING, TAKE OUT SPark plugs suck water out with little hose .Dump oil out of sump.replace sump plug use 50/50 mix of disel an oil fil to normal height on dipstick.crank engine for 10 seconds wait a min then another 10 seconds .Dump that mix an take off filter, NEW filter new oil . .Might have to empty fuel tank get new petrol. Ps wen doing cranking make sure you have all spark plugs in their spark lead and earthing on engine so they can stil spark.

jessie981, Mar 6, 2:18am
Thanx. Fingers crossed. Have written this down for him. After the first crank does he wait 1 min then crank again 10 secs

jessie981, Mar 6, 2:22am
Thanx. Have written down your advise also.

toxicgreen., Mar 6, 2:28am
The oyher things you should do is find the computer,if it looks like ite been wet pull it out and lots of hair drier action on/in computer and tha main plug that plugs on. also take distibuter cap off if it looks wetted and more hair drier/hse heater action there. thats yr free attempts other wize big big pexspensive electric probs , good luck. it wood be nice to get things dri so wen doing cranking flush job you actually see a spark on them plugs .before you buy new oil/filter.

toxicgreen., Mar 6, 2:31am
Year wiat one min in betweemn two ten second crank overs .Just a 20 second flush issue with the 50/50 oil diesel mix. being disel is cheep an 20 seconds will flush but not damage.

mrfxit, Mar 6, 3:26am
That mix is fine for a 5 minute IDLE
I use it a lot, in a lot of vehicles
It's not like it;s going to be under load & driven all over town

But yea . 2 minutes idling should be fine then change it all again for the proper stuff & filter

mrfxit, Mar 6, 3:29am
The only way it could have stufffed the motor is IF a lot of (bulk lot) water got in the air cleaner & in to the motor that way.

jessie981, Mar 6, 3:42am
Thanx guys. Still writing all your advice down. Otherwise this could cost me getting him a new car.

mrfxit, Mar 6, 3:48am
If the water got any higher inside the car then about 2" & or the car was on a forward angle & it had water sitting up the front of the foot well & under the dashboard, then the cars computer is proberly ok .
Unless it's a model with the computer under the seat!

toxicgreen., Mar 6, 3:53am
All good mr fix it i was just being conservitve on a coule of ten secon cranks , If there motor savable i didnt want to scartch a bearing. Good point about checkin air filter,, i can only type sort a slowIf air filter has takin crap water tempararily tri an start motoras iv instructed if motor goes again then spend mony on proper oil engine filteran air filter too. cheers

robbo36, Mar 6, 4:02am
Have you or Grandy got vehicle cover insurance! If so, they should cover the damage/loss to the car. If insured, give them a call first before doing anything to the car, as that may impact on any current damage and then you know what insurance co will say.eeeeeee-
eee.nah, sorry.

mrfxit, Mar 6, 4:05am
Yes ^^
Another good point.
Any excess may workout to be about the same as a total engine service job

toxicgreen., Mar 6, 4:15am
all a gamble, insurance an that. you got nothing to loose, the car will either go or bth the moter an electrics will be stuffed,witch means write off. even if just elecs are stuffed it cauld still mean write off , Id tri wat i told you an if no go put it bac together an then tell insurance

jessie981, Mar 6, 4:42am
I have full Insurance, grandie 3rd party. My Insurance won't cover as I wasn't driving etc.

toxicgreen., Jun 21, 12:15am
how much is car wrth!