Hey Kaz!. Do you know what kind of licence i need to do the open track days at pukekohe on a bike btw

rednsr, Jan 15, 12:32am
Do you know what kind of licence I need to do the open track days at pukekohe! On a bike btw.

kazbanz, Jan 15, 12:34am
You need a class of licence appropriate to the bike you are riding.
So full bike if its over 250 and restricted if a 250 or less. --You do mean the run what you run track days doncha!

rednsr, Jan 15, 12:43am
Nah I haven't been to one up here. I was going to go to the amc day at puke today but my riding gear zippers aren't compatible between the jacket and pants. so had to miss out. Never mind though I got a full leather suit today. I have an NSR 250 so won't need a full licence I guess.

kazbanz, Jan 15, 5:18am
rednsr- You'll be meaning the ART trackdays. Those are quite a bit tougher in the bike/gear requirements than those open daysBUT the safety gear is a tonne better and if you want help improving your riding its the bomb.
-You WILL need your bike up to WOF standard then all the GLASS taped up or removed. You will need a back protector as well as leathers/boots/gloves and a decent/fitting helmet. You will DEFINITELYneed a restricted licence at least

rednsr, Jan 15, 5:24am
As I said. I got a new suit today with all the armour I have gloves and boots and a shark rsr2 helmet. There were two track days at pukekohe this weekend. Yesterday was an open track day run by the track where they require you have full leathers. today was the auckland motor cycle club art day as you said. when I spoke to colleen this morning she said that because i was going to be in a slower group I could use my cordura type gear so long as it zipped up. Which it turns out it doesn't.

Now I have a wof and rego on my bike but what do you mean by glass needs to be taped up or removed! where would i have glass on my bike! or do you mean screens, lights etc!

rednsr, Jan 15, 5:25am
Going to try get to the open test day at puke on the 28th of this month.

kazbanz, Jan 15, 5:27am
Good onya -the ones leading up to the nats are always good. -tell Gary frosty says gidday

rednsr, Jan 15, 5:30am
Will do.

kazbanz, Jan 15, 5:30am
rednsr-your mirrors and headlights usually you put strips of duct tape on in case they break in a crash.A lot of guys also put a strip on indicators too
By new gear I guess you mean a 1 piece leather set.
All good but ART wont let you on the track with no back protector. -if you need to borrow one Ive got a spare