Spent the day at the track yesterday.

morrisman1, Jan 26, 9:26am
So I hired the track, Teretonga, and went out with a couple others the other day so I could try out the cars. I took the Sentra and 121 out, and another brought a Pulsar which is a bit more 'developed' than mine is.

Anyway, unfortunately the mazda had some cronic overheating issues and I couldnt give it a good run. This was basically all I could get done in it, plus a few laps of the track before it got too warm.

http://www.youtube.com/watch!v=YX_2gimfVrE So instead I used the sentra around the track and the Pulsar too. here are some laps in the Pulsar. My first time driving the track there so there are some areas I could be more aggressive of course. http://www.youtube.com/watch!v=kPZewKF4Xuo&feature=relat
ed

Today I rectified the overheating issue by fitting a radiator from a GT Starlet, which is alloy, thicker and over twice the frontal area! New fan behind now that I have more room is working a treat. Im confident that my overheating issues are over but only a good thrashing at the track will prove that.

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii200/morrisman1/_MG_8177.jpg

jmma, Jan 26, 10:02am
Now here is someone that doesn't blow ass, just gets it done and likes to share it with us, thanks for that morrisman, well done.
Hope the overheating is sorted, Good luck (o:

clark20, Jan 26, 10:08am
Looks like a lot of fun

un_known, Jan 26, 10:25am
yeh i notice your temp gauge was a litte high in the 0-100 vid.

out of curiosity how much is it to hire the track! and whats quicker the pulsar or the 121!

jkm, Jan 26, 6:20pm
So whydid you choose the 121 to make a track car!

cypherboy, Jan 26, 6:28pm
Because it weighs less than my missus!

morrisman1, Jan 26, 6:51pm
Its only $50 per driver to hire the track for half a day, cannot complain about that! The 121 isnt really a track car, more for the tighter stuff namely gymkhana and sprints. Of course Im not going turn down the opportunity to take it around the track! The pulsar surprisingly would have been just as fast than the mazda but I was a lot more comfortable pushing the limits in the pulsar than I was the mazda.

smac, Jan 26, 7:05pm
Nice, Manfeild is more like $1500 from memory.and they wonder why it's empty half the time.

What radiator were you running when you had the overheating issues! Stock for the car, or stock for the motor!

morrisman1, Jan 26, 7:11pm
stock for the car, no wonder it was overheating haha, I should have known!

smac, Jan 26, 7:32pm
Ya, was gonna say if it was stock for the motor then swapping for a bigger one won't fix whatever the actual problem is (unless it was just that the old one was clogged up).

nonameleft, Jan 26, 9:32pm
do you need a track licence! or certain number of people to hire track! got some toys and keen to go out there for a play a

morrisman1, Jan 27, 5:18am
Just join the Southland sports car club and then track hire is $50 per driver for half a day. No track licence required as it is not a race. No min number as far as I know. It isnt an exclusive hire so others may be present also. Just install a fire extinguisher, cotton overalls and helmet as far as I know.

Theres a public track day tomorrow and the clubsport gymkhana on sunday and you dont need to be a member for either.

nonameleft, Jan 27, 6:18am
mint.thanks

morrisman1, Jan 27, 6:20am
do you want more information!

binatim, Jan 27, 6:32am
I do mate how do I go about joining the sports car club would like to get the monaro out there. I will be there tomorrow how much time do you get on a open day thanks Tim

morrisman1, Jan 27, 8:33am
Open day I think the track is open for three hours in the afternoon. To join the club you can just go down there to the office at the track on weekdays and sign up, its easy. Make sure that if you join at the moment you pay the little extra and have it extended to next years season too, because this current season is nearly over.

Track day tomorrow Im not sure what time to get down there, but there will be a drivers breifing of course and scrutineering before that. Check the southland express from last week, I think it has some info in it.

nonameleft, Jan 27, 8:41am
na all good i go with binatim

vtecnet, Jan 27, 9:59am
Nice Vids,
Back in the day cars like Listing #: 442068605 were popular for gymkhana and sprints etc
I used to have one, the guy I sold it to won many motorkhanas with it, but they are 100hp/750kg, so your 121 would be much faster in some ways assuming you can tame the handling

morrisman1, Jan 29, 7:07am
Heres todays video http://youtu.be/YbmDWwuv4LI

I didnt go as well, it was quite messy at times and some silly mistakes but when you get it right the car is an absolute rocket through the cones, one course I timed very well on and had a bit of room for some more aggressive driving. To summarise that car, its fast but easy to stuff up in.