How well do cars sell at Turners?had much success?

aragorn2003, Feb 16, 9:52am
Anyone know the success rate for selling at Turners! and whats their cut at the end!

Looking at all avenues to selling our car and just wondering if Turners is worth a look!

74nova, Feb 16, 5:53pm
Only if your prepared to give the car away. Go there one day and watch.

aragorn2003, Feb 16, 8:22pm
yeah i expected their cut to be bigger , just really need the cars sold , which would be the better turners if there is one , the north shore or penrose branch

intrade, Feb 16, 8:41pm
turners is turners they are the same fees . and they flick it for what ever as long as they get there fees. if they sell em for 800$ you likely get 50$ out of it myght as well drive em to crusher and get 50 to 150 there.
last place ever to sell acar is turners.other then that turners will tell you they cant sell it as it wont sell for what you want. they are interested to make there cut only.

intrade, Feb 16, 8:42pm
what cars have you got!

phillip.weston, Feb 16, 10:11pm
that atenza should sell quickly but perhaps not the L200.

paull, Feb 16, 10:46pm
and they charge the buyer on top of the sale price,

aragorn2003, Feb 17, 1:40am
yea we'd try just the atenza as the l200 is more a specialty type , at turners can i set the reserve or are the auctions no reserve sell for whatever

aragorn2003, Feb 17, 5:48am
o ok , might have a look into getting it put up for auction if it still isn't getting much interest on here

chookin3, Mar 6, 9:04am
If your car sells under $2,000 they take about $250. They advertise the car for about a week on about 5 different websites, prepare your cash by washing it and do a mechanical report for the buyers. Turners collect the payment, do change of ownership and just send you a cheque for the balance left sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

budgel, Mar 6, 5:40pm
Money laundering!

robertsons-nes, Mar 6, 9:51pm
there are plenty of car dealers around that will buy most cars,selling at turners is just like selling elsewere anything will sell if priced right

neo_psy, Mar 6, 9:54pm
Sold one car at Turners years ago.

Felt like I'd been mugged.

Then bought one and got slogged with the Buyers premium too. I guess Turners are a lot like lawyers - they always get their cut.

whynot7, Jun 24, 12:13am
if u sell at turners take a condom and some lube .