1988 nissan terrano 4x4 light prob

nite_possum, Jan 17, 7:39am
hey peoples :) . i have a 1988 nissan terrano 4x4 manual . am having probs with the lights, one head light only works on high beam while the other only goes when it wants to LOL . have been along the wiring and that seems all ok, the bulbs are fine . anyone have an idea on what it could be ! thanks

mugenb20b, Jan 17, 8:15am
The switch. Or you can run a wire from one head light to the other. But, double check your fuses and remove head light bulb plugs and check to see if the terminals are burnt out.

xs1100, Jan 17, 8:25am
switch is buggered and you need to get the CORRECT number on the back of switch for your car.been there done that several times and best to go round the wreckers.pick a part first and go from there check out the bluebirds and everything nissan

steve312, Jan 17, 9:39am
These switches are only about $120 brand new.They are at the age now where even the one you get from the wreckers is likely to give trouble.Not really sure what Nissan were thinking when they designed these switches with seperate contacts for each beam.

nite_possum, Jan 17, 10:16pm
thank you everyone :):) checked that an yup seems to be the prob :):)

bobwyn, Jan 18, 6:33am
I had an 88 and bought a new switch for it but never fitted it been sitting the shed for 15 years cost me $137 back then wouldyou like me to list it>!

zephyrheaven, Jan 18, 6:40am
Jeez, everyone replaces them! Just pop the clear cover off the back & clean the contacts on the wee 'fingers' easy job

bobwyn, Jan 19, 4:31am
yep you can clean them and thats what i was doing with mine I just getting sickof doing it every 3 or 4 weeks ,then i sold it.

zephyrheaven, Jan 19, 6:18am
You're doing it wrong