Ants nesting in cars- help

lalbagh, Jan 17, 8:17am
how do I get rid of the things! Nesting somewhere in the bodywork, crawling everywhere. can they be fumigated!

johnf_456, Jan 17, 8:32am
Remove the source of food then go from there.

cuda.340, Jan 17, 8:37am
dip the whole car in boiling water. seems to work on gettings ants off everything else.

fryan1962, Jan 17, 8:46am
Just some raid outdoor surface spray.keep doing it you will get them

foxdonut, Jan 17, 9:53am
Lay an ant bait station (supermarket, about 5 bucks) and wait two or three days, they'll all be gone in no time. This will even kill the ants if they aren't established in the car and are coming from outside for food scraps.

Gassing them just kills the ones you can see and stinks up your car.

ginga4lyfe, Jan 17, 11:35am
A flea bomb worked for me, had the air con on full blast the whole hour, then switched the car off and aired it out, never had a problem since, but you do need to have the car fully groomed afterwards shampoo and all

rsr72, Jan 17, 11:51am
Park the rubbish wheely bin next to the car for a week, then wheel out for the collection- all gone.

marmatt, Jan 17, 6:51pm
wash it !

tgray, Jan 17, 6:52pm
anteaters work a treat, although their importation and quarantine requirements can be complex.

purple666, Jan 17, 8:27pm
And putting the little booties on them so they don't rip your upholstery can be a tad tricky

valleystream, Jan 17, 8:32pm
I once parked in a carpark and the bumper bar thingy was just touching a clay bank. There was an ants nest I disturbed and the ants completely invaded me car (unknown to me). Left a can of coke in the car overnight and the next morning thought to myself I would have a nice cold sip of coke (it was winter) before I chucked it out. CHugged down a massive amount only to realise it was completely black and swarming with ants. It was so disgusting it's making me vomit now. Anyway, got the ants out with the ant killer stuff someone recommended above from the supermarket.Took ages though.

elect70, Jan 18, 2:27am
I bough a car in Perth to drive back to Sydneyhad coupleredbackjs in it . Lots of insect spray everywheregot thebuggers , even then Mrs was still scared was going to get bitten .& kept a can at the readywhole trip .

kiwis0, Jan 18, 2:35am
They are squatter Ants, they have rights of occupation, respect them

jason18, Jan 18, 4:20am
Hahha thats awesome!

sprinkle, Jan 18, 8:19am
Exterm-an-ant is the best.All gone in one night.We used this after parking our car close to a bush which was infested with ants.

lalbagh, Jan 18, 8:23am
thanks guys, a few options there

firebird15, Jan 18, 5:47pm
Natural remedy, a combination in equal parts for borax and castors sugar, they take it back to the nest and it kills everything. It is non chemical and you wont have to wash the car out afterwrads. dont let animals eat it though.