2l- 2lt starter question

crispy86, Mar 9, 6:47am
Hey all, just wondering if the 2l/2l-t starters are the same as the 3l ntaurally aspirated. I've come across one and was going ot fit it ot my truck as ours is playing up, just wonder if i should save my time and not worry about pulling ours off if i don't have to.

intrade, Mar 9, 7:03am
they all fit with some extra work and sometimes you cant fit a bracket no more when you get a large model.

bigfatmat1, Mar 9, 7:06am
no they are different with different output. if they fitted the 2l would not be up to the job as the 3l ones are alot bigger for a reason

intrade, Mar 9, 7:10am
new starter is 325$ abouts. from dasko . unless you get one for 80$ then i would not waste my time with secoundhand.

mrfxit, Mar 9, 7:16am
ALL the 2L / 3L & 5L starters WILL interchange & bolt up plus work with NO alterations . except when going from a small starter to a big starter, you will need to drill out the starter cable ends for bigger terminals

My 2.4ltr 2L-T was factory fitted with a 2L starter & is now currently is running a 5L starter.

The hassle with the 2L starter is the pinion clutch's chew out (even on the factory fittments)

The 2L will be fine on the 3L engine provided it's not in a "start stop" situation & ISin good condition

At a minimum, it should be fine as a temp starter provided the pinion clutch is ok

intrade, Jul 2, 4:49pm
yes the starters do crap the front but not becuase they strugle i got a 2.2 natrual aspired hilux engine and i used the 2L-t starter that craped it self the planetery gear part collapsed.so i fitted a other starter from a 2l-t chaser toyota that was a big mother body on the electric rear part.