Ride-on Mower Service - expensive or not?

kiwichic64, Jan 19, 12:06am
Bought a brand new Husqvarna ride on mower recently and had it in for a service as the salesman said we should have it serviced after around 15 hours for oil change and oil filter change, and tighten up etc.Received the account which was $194 incl GST, labour was $97.00.Does this seem reasonable or excessive!I have had my car serviced for less than this.Any thoughts appreciated.

flat_white_ltd, Jan 19, 1:13am
My thoughts are . maybe ask how much next time before you book it in!
(& no, if it was a complete service, it's not excessive. your car's first service, if it was brand new, would be more.)

littlebob7, Jan 19, 2:40am
I am not familiar with Husqvaransbut from friend(s) experienceride on mowers are an expensive gameparts(belts, starter motersanythingdear as )do not water blast it to clean& expect$ 300 bills min

jasoo, Jan 19, 5:26am
Normally 1st Services are offered free on new machines like that.

taipan4, Jan 19, 5:57am
seriously I'd be asking what exactly did they do for $194.00 thats about 100
for parts Hmmm when you can go to Ripco for an oil& filter &the sump will no way take a 4 litre pack so rip off I'd say but they "hold a gun to your head" over the warranty if you do it yourself

ntalke, Jan 19, 6:05am
By memory there is a different oil that is changed at 15 hours which I had done at home with the mower gone over as well

Don't know how many hours yours has done but with the usaul wear (Belts/plugs/filters) sounds about right

If abused can cost a hell of alot more

j.blk, Jan 19, 6:29am
First services can be free it's up to the dealer to offer it or not,$97 thats a hour and a haft labour which is about right,but whats the $100 for,no need to change filter at first service

jmma, Jan 19, 8:13am
What happened to flat_white!