Advice - what car to by?

bitser, Mar 7, 9:10pm
we are a single vehicle family so need one that does everything! 4wd plus legroom for passengers plus roof rails plus not too expensive to run every day!any ideas you have would be great. currently we have a Suzuki SX4 but the back seat space is just too small for our growing boys.

bitser, Mar 7, 9:11pm
oh - apologies for typo in heading. should say BUY!

dvince, Mar 7, 10:48pm
I think the rav4 should have more leg room. Have a look at mazda cx-7 and mitsi outlander.
Oh, what was your price range lol

craig04, Mar 7, 11:12pm
Current model Rav4 is very roomy in the back. CX7 very thirtsy.

richardmayes, Mar 7, 11:21pm
Mate who is an old, cynical mechanic just bought a Peugeot 4007.

He reckons it is the best of all worlds - basically a Japanese car (Mitsubishi Outlander) with a good Peugeot diesel engine in it.

bitser, Mar 8, 1:31am
well max 25k I think, I don't mind a used car - its about finding the right fit morethan anything.Thanks for advice re cx, thats the same reason I am not looking at some of the bigger ones i.e territory

thejazzpianoma, Mar 8, 3:11am
What sort of 4WDing are you actually doing!

mottly, Mar 8, 3:30am
friend of mine has one of the mitsi suv's (can't remember the model) - he loves it. heaps of room, and good fuel economy.plus good get up n go.

edangus, Mar 8, 5:22am
Got good mileage out of the V6 Outlander for the last 3 years.
Biggest issue was driving in FWD only - it sucked - but 4WD - Awesome.
Vehicle itself had alot of road noise and was a bit bouncy, but still ticking over nicely at 100,000 KM. Seen a few around recently for under 20K so probably worth it. Get the VRX if you can and don't forget to get an earth strap if you suffer from Static Electricity issues.

clark20, Mar 8, 5:30am
Honda CRV!

bitser, Mar 9, 11:28pm
we ski so 4WD is for getting up Mt Ruapehu on those mid winter trips.more for dealing with dodgy roads than 'off roading'.

321mat, Jul 4, 5:50pm
A Volvo XC 90 might be the way to go - but get the petrol one rather than the diesel.

But whatever you do, stay AWAY from anything Subaru - they look nice, but you will need to sell your first born into slavery just to pay some crooked Subaru dealer for servicing, which they need religiously (unless you like seeing cars go "boom")