1995 2.8 Hilux

leeroy19, Jan 19, 7:12pm
we are looking at buying this hilux - the rego is on hold due to the front bushes needing replacing, there is some arm thing (sorry I'm the wife!) - apparently not huge work-and we will need to purchase a new battery. Tyres are pratically new. Its done about 300,000kms and there is a ding on one door, and it could do with a paint job. Soooo my ! is what would it be worth as is, they've told us to make an offer and I don't want to over pay or short change them! Its a double cab too.

intrade, Jan 19, 8:20pm
2.8 sounds like a diesel double cab sounds like a ute .ute are usually overpriced on asking price and the diesel is not the best, but it is the best of its time. you would want to look inside the radiator if it has nice green or red coolant fluid in there. if it has not then you will need a whole other engine now or later and a whole new cooling system with all hoses new. These crack heads if coolant is not exchanged every 24month.
Good points are no turbo to blow and it has a solid mass flywheel if its manual. unlike the other 2.4-turbo-diesel.
Price if engine is probably a goner then 1000 to 1500$ as you will need 6grand for a new good engine and radiator hoses etc.
otherwise probably 3 to 4 grand if it is mint mechanical and no rust-holes Tyres are worth 800$ new battery 200 so you get a grand worth with the vehicle

falcon15, Jan 19, 9:08pm
is it a 4wd or 2wd hilux

gadgit3, Jan 19, 9:45pm
2.8 in a 2WD!

lk104, Jan 19, 9:49pm
Yes there were some Jap Import 2WD's with a (2.8) 3L Engine

leeroy19, Jan 19, 9:49pm
its 4wd - thanks for the info on the engine / coolant.

leeroy19, Jan 19, 9:53pm
Yeah they said about $600 worth of work plus rego and i think ruc are out a little bit. Will get it looked over I think, the husband is a bit over-eager to get his hands on one for hunting just want to know whats what first. They seem so crazily priced 2nd hand for the high k's and age!

gadgit3, Jan 19, 9:58pm
Really never come across one. What model number! I can't find one at all on micro cat.

lk104, Jan 19, 9:58pm
LN86

lk104, Jan 19, 10:00pm
Try LN86-PRQDS as the Model Number

mrfxit, Jan 19, 10:17pm
Yep 1 to 3 K at the most, as is, dependent on inspection
Would do the cooling system clean out & refill with anti freeze regardless of current history (don't forget the heater system when flushing)
Ruc's are the responsibility of the current registered owner, regardless of WHO owns it when the ruc's are out.
Ie: you buy it owing ruc's = it's your problem = ruc's stay with the vehicle (opposite to car rego)

gadgit3, Jan 19, 10:47pm
Oh yip there it is very small run tho. Wonder why we never got that option in NZ

lk104, Jan 19, 11:09pm
Exactly that, not much of a market I would assume.