Imported 2003 Ford Focus 5K on the clock

843, Jan 20, 6:59am
very nice but when the cap was taken off the top of the motor oil spat out as engine was running.

Too much oil OR combustion probs.!.OR.

Not NORMAL!

843, Jan 20, 6:59am
sorry. 55K on the clock

danni_2254, Jan 20, 7:00am
Sounds like a write off.

fordcrzy, Jan 20, 7:02am
thats pretty normal.the cam lobes will be throwing up oil just like every other engine out there. i never remove a oil filler cap with the engine running.

843, Jan 20, 7:08am
Too old Fords, Telstar and mondao in the family.1995 and 1994.

Neither spits out oil at all.both high milage and keep going.

Aformentioned Focus exhaust pipe light grey.so that is a good sign

but concern for the oil spitting out.dont believe it normal at all

gammelvind, Jan 20, 7:22am
Not normal! If you want to mess up your engine bay take the oil filler cap off while the engine is running. Maybe some engines don,t do it, plenty do.

jmma, Jan 20, 7:23am
Normal here to,

tuttyclan, Jan 20, 7:26am
Older cars are ok (for checking for blowby) just dont rev them too high or they may spit too.
Newer cars tend to spit out the oil as its under more pressure so not a good idea here.

mugenb20b, Jan 20, 7:28am
It's normal.

What's not normal is someone taking the oil filler cap off while the engine is running.

If you really are worried about it, why not get it checked out by a reputable mechanic!

thunderbolt, Jan 20, 7:28am
Nice grey pipe!That will be from the lead in the fuel that is no longer there.
I think you have exhausted your car knowledge and might have to pay a professional to inspect the vehicle for you.

843, Jan 20, 9:08am
thank you folks

No revvng of the motors at the time of checking.just-
idling after use.

I thought it was a bad sign.sure used to be.

usdefault, Jan 20, 9:39am
I'd be more suspicious of the kilometres.

843, Jan 20, 6:35pm
yes usdefault i did wonder,

but this stuff is supposed to be checked at port of entry by NZT

They have heaps of Jap imports to check.one never knows if mistakes are made.

intrade, Jan 20, 7:25pm
Agreed . but it reminds me how indian mechanics check oil pressure lol.

wasser61, Jan 20, 7:34pm
I did it once in our 2003 Focus and learnt. it spits a lot of oil out the filler, I think there is a cam lobe directly underneath.
Oh, and we have had the vehicle since new and there is nothing wrong with the engine.

843, Jan 20, 9:54pm
a vote of confidence for the 2003 Ford Focus.

It it certainly nice to drive.and I.am deciding whether to buy

What about economy. wasser!

usdefault, Jan 20, 10:40pm
If the odo has been tampered with (most probably) get the cambelt changed straight away.

zoltec45, Jan 21, 3:02pm
LOL most engines do that

843, Jan 23, 3:10am
does anyone own one of these cars and give comment

ema1, Jan 23, 4:46am
It 'll be fine, my daughter has one probably the same as yours and they do have a cam pretty much directly below the oil filler cap. With engine running you are sure to get a shower of oil, rev it and you'll get heaps.
It stands to reason and also you know the camshaft and valve gear is getting a fair old amount of oil to lubricate things which is all good.
JUST DON'T TAKE THE DAMN OIL FILLER CAP OFF WHEN ENGINE IS RUNNING EH! PARTICULARLY ON AN OHC ENGINE.opps I must have fat finger syndrome tapped the cap lock while looking at the keyboard and not the screen and couldn't be bothered re-typing it all.Um!
If I take the cap off my Mercedes while it's running there's a fair amount of oil thrashing around in it too.