Gas such a rip off grrrrrr tax blah blah

bigfatmat1, Mar 10, 7:26am
The stupid hydrogen generator threads and perpetual energy threads must be about to start by people with no knowledge of mechanics, electrics or physics, they always make good reading. Like the guy a few years back who is very rich now because he designed a push bike that had a alternator hooked up to a motor he started it with a drill, it would travel at 120km/h and made its own energy. The other guy with the hydrogen generator in his car that got 100mpg the oil companies put a hit on him. ohhhh I can't wait for them to start always make a good read backed up with cut and paste bullshit.

thejazzpianoma, Mar 10, 7:56am
Yip. there just aint no substitute for buying a Multipla.

motorway, Mar 10, 7:57am
Then Toyota made the Priarse.

jrlaw, Mar 10, 7:36pm
Have a friend with a hydrogen generator in his Nissan 4x4 and it seems to cut the cost of using diesel. Interesting contraption for sure. Also a very tidy unit.

intrade, Mar 10, 7:50pm
petrol is not overpriced here . there are 2 problems why it is so expensive now . 1 is the government added about 30 cent of tax in the last 2 years
what is ahuge ripoff here is lpg. and food prices. lpg has nothing to do with oil price risingtheyjust put lpg up also to make extra profit. same with food farmer gets 35 cent a liter milk and we pay 3.20$ for 2L that is the cheapest place i know offto buy milk= 1.6$ -35 cent =1.25 $ they pocket somwhere.!

chito, Mar 10, 7:53pm
Bring back CNG. Aren't some buses in Hamilton still running on CNG!

intrade, Mar 10, 8:00pm
cng is not the best option it causes valve seat recession as it is to dry. you would need morreys lube kit added also to preventdamage.
lpg injected is the best option with efi kityou get the same horsepowerand only uses 2% extra. but then there is the ripoffartists who sell you lpg for 100 times the value. classic exampleyou can go and seethat it is true.
bp whangarei 9kg lpg cost about 32$ to fill. now you drive to poroviniave to ongas there 9kg filled costs 20$ that is 12 friggen doller less .now question is is the ripoff artist bp who supply the station or is the station owner miliking customers!either bp who own franchise or the station owner is doing it.

johnf_456, Mar 10, 8:31pm
Not the best option at all.

bigfatmat1, Mar 10, 8:36pm
BTW I was speaking in 3rd person. I personally don't have a problem with the price of petrol or the tax. Then again I only ever buy gas for my dirt bike which is minimal.

jason18, Mar 10, 10:22pm
yeah quite a few of hams buses on cng

74nova, Mar 11, 6:42am
I've tried to alternator on the motor idea years ago and didn't work. The alternator buy it self can't put out enough energy to power the motor to keep it going. But one day when I have the time I'm going to have another go but then thinking about it someone would have manufactured the same idea into some kind of automotive transport by now if it could be done properly.

quickstitch, Mar 11, 6:54am
i have the solution. build roads out of large reinforced solar panels. have them hooked up to two brass strips recessed into the lanes of the roads. Put electric motors in all cars that take power from the brass strips,

thejazzpianoma, Mar 11, 7:21am
Your jesting aside interestingly solar roadways are actually undergoing some fairly serious research and development at the moment. just not quite in the form you have in mind.

mantagsi, Mar 11, 9:06am
Simple physics, you can't get out more than what you put in, and when you take into account friction losses, unfortunately you will find out a 'free energy' machine or a perpetual motion machine for that matter just won't work

a18a, Mar 11, 9:51am
they should just make all the roads down hill so you can just roll everywhere

tortron, Jul 10, 4:55pm
personally i cant wait to have a shed full of cheap v8's