Oh dear.. Missus39 car stuck out in the middle of nowhere at the moment rang me to come get her friend on his way out knows more

moosie_21, Jan 24, 4:58am
Missus' car stuck out in the middle of nowhere at the moment, rang me to come get her. Friend on his way out (knows more than me), but before he goes are there any ideas why a '98 Nissan Sentra would click over but not start, even with a jump or running start! Any things to try!

Somehow this is going to be my fault.

phillip.weston, Jan 24, 5:08am
some times the air flow meters on them give trouble but usually you get rough running, poor idle and poor fuel consumption as a result rather than complete cutting out. Am thinking it's perhaps crank/cam sensor related. I guess you need to figure out if it's getting spark (at the right time) and an air/fuel mix into the combustion chamber.

mugenb20b, Jan 24, 5:50am
Smack the bottom of the fuel tank with a hammer whilst trying to crank the key. The fuel pump may be toast.

morrisman1, Jan 24, 6:06am
take a fuel line off and turn the key on, if no fuel comes out then pump dead. Be prepared for fuel to come out pretty quick if it does work.

moosie_21, Jan 24, 6:11am
Hmmmm, sounds like might be fuel related, they apparently were right at the bottom of the tank before filling it up and continuing on.

net_oz, Jan 24, 7:25am
She needs a slapping for letting it get that low.

kazbanz, Jan 24, 9:15am
moosie--what do you mean by "click over!" --do you mean iot does turn over or does it just click the starter solenoid !