Help/info needed about 98 VW Passat 1.8T rack?

1ollie, Mar 19, 1:55pm
Hey currently doing a steering rack change on a 1998 VW Passat 1.8 turbo an I have undone all the bolts etc apart from one that apears to be nearly impossible to get to let alone see without removing motor! I have undone both side tierod end nuts/bolts, the inhex bolt holding the lines the the rack body, the 2 main top multi hex bolts under the windscreen cowl/battery box, the banjo bolts for the 2 lines going in/out of the rack and the collum/uni bolt under the dash. but I can not for the life of me seem to figur out a way to get the last bolt that goes from underneth the rack upwards on the r/h side! does anyone have any idea how to get it! and is it the same as the other 2 bolts holding the rack to the body!
Thanks people

carmedic, Mar 19, 7:17pm
Take the engine and box out you can see it then!
They??

intrade, Mar 19, 9:42pm
try a vw forum. somone is bound to know. I would use the camera and take a pix to see where you cant go with your head.

intrade, Mar 19, 9:45pm

thejazzpianoma, Aug 5, 6:48pm
+1 Great advice, the VW forums are particularly good as the cars appeal on a worldwide scale to enthusiasts who delight in finding easy inexpensive ways to sort things.