VW Passat TDI "07 Ignition key fob.

yz490, Jul 2, 11:34am
Bought a new key thingy off amazon for my passat tdi "07. Cheap enough, not just the plastic key but the whole fob [if that's the word]. Is it going to cost a zillion to get it programmed plus key cut to shape & where do i go to get that done [vw dealer?]. Or should i hang it on the wall with all the other things that don't work. Having only one operating key for the car guarantees i'll get caught out oneday for sure. ps, be a while until it arrives. Thanks.

budgel, Jul 2, 11:54am
I bought the same for my Honda. I couldnt find anyone in my town to cut it for me, so tried Whangarei. The Whangarei locksmiths gave me a rant about Chinese crap and refused cut it. I asked where they got theirs from, and he didnt reply.
On return home the Honda dealership said they used the mobile locksmith, and they could program it (if possible) for around $40.00 depending on time taken.

franc123, Jul 2, 1:48pm
All you can do is ask a locksmith to see if they can do the whole job. Some are indeed reluctant to cut the shafts due to not being made to the correct spec, a VW agent may be reluctant to attempt to program a non genuine fob for the same reason. It becomes a problem when there isnt two already programmed keys available for the process as all existing keys may be required to be deleted and programmed at once. This may not apply to the VW but it does to several other models I can think of.

intrade, Jul 2, 5:03pm
Ok i said this before The 07 passat if only 1 key is programmed then you can not add keys unless you hack the system by pulling out the eeprom and hack it . What can be done is hacking the picode No one has this code and no one can give it to you but i can Well you can also if you buy the same tool or pay me 50 dollers to pull the pincode with a working key.
The only other option is to pay the vw dealership 650 doller to add another key. That is done via factory odis SOFTWARE via wolfsburg and no pincode is seen. is why you wont get the pincode . The pin is 5 digits With the pin any scan tool that can log on to immobiliser to add kezs like a launch x431 autel snapon etc . etc can add the key or programme a new one if the key is lost.
I spent 3 days to try and add 2 keys till i found out only one was programmed to the car. with windows down and no kez working about to rain i selected programm 1 key and voila it worked. My snapon modis was the only one who after showed me only key is programmed to the car. You also get locked out for 30 minutes if you do something wrong . its why i made the YouTube so i can look what to select to pull the pin'code . zou have to swap z and y on the words its the german winblows 10 that dont knows i use a nz one

yz490, Jul 17, 3:14am
Thanks budgel & franc i'll see what happens when it arrives. Thanks 'intrade', your a genius 'as usual' & wish i understood it all. Keep up the good work--we need ya, i think, lol. Thanks again.