Who will give me a panelbeaters report to say that

aviator02, Mar 17, 8:14pm
Who will give me a panelbeaters report to say that the small cuts in my parcel tray to fit in speakers have not affected its structural safety of where the seatbelts are mounted! Need it for a wof. Went to a couple onehunga panelbeaters and they said they couldnt do it as they didnt know the current law well enough !

kcf, Mar 17, 8:31pm

johnf_456, Mar 17, 8:33pm
Wouldn't it of been easy to put the speakers in boxes or get spacers so they get lifted making them clear the tray.

40wav, Mar 18, 8:36am
If I was a panelbeater I wouldn't go near it.

dr.doolittle, Mar 18, 8:39am
or be bothered.

thejazzpianoma, Mar 18, 8:45am
Have we really got to the point where you can no longer flush mount speakers in the parcel tray of a car!
Assuming these are just regular 6" speakers and you havn't gouged away right by the pillars in a big way I am dissapointed.
There comes a point where the excess red tape is just costing the country too much and achieving nothing.

That said, if the seatbelt mounts directly too the parcel tray in the vicinity of the speakers I withdraw my comments.

marcos1, Mar 18, 9:28am
100 mm is the minimum cut to be made from an anchorage point.
Personally I would not put my name to it either.
Go and see a Low volume certifier.

ml6989, Mar 18, 9:38am
Seems to be the same old problem here. Designed and built by engineers to acceptable safety standards, and then cut and hacked (modified) by a DIY Kiwi. Why play around with you and your passengers safety!It sounds likeyou have hacked a structual part of the vehicle (namely a crumple zone) and now want some one else to sign the line and say it is OK.

kcf, Mar 18, 7:30pm
um, actually, it isn't so much a crumple zone issue, as it is, he may have cut away panel structure that is close to his upper seatbelt mounting points.So possibly increasing the risk of that mounting point failing if he had rear passengers belted in and the car was involved in an accident.

directorylist, Mar 19, 7:06am
You think its unreasonable that you cant paint your windows black!

one rule for all . nuff said really

pnh4, Mar 19, 7:17am
Old P,toe, alleyway behind the main street.

joanie32, Mar 19, 7:24am
crumple zone in a rear parcel tray. ffs

lookoutas, Mar 19, 7:27am
It's not a Panelbeaters job to OK it - go see a Low Volume Certifier.

pnh4, Mar 19, 7:33am
A rear parcel tray, its got 0 to do with seat belt anchor points.

ralphdog1, Aug 4, 4:06pm
Seeing that the OP has not even stated what sort of vehicle it is how can you say that, or do you know that no car designer has ever mounted seatbelt anchors in such a manner they are dependant on the parcel tray!