Is there any panelbeaters online please?

divadownunder, May 22, 10:10pm
Im just wanting a quote, someone drove into my front bumper ripping it right off (without leaving a note) damaging the whole side of the bumper (all dented in) and broke one of the brackets that hold the bumper on. Im just wondering how much it would cost to weld the bracket back on and get ridof the huge dents made in it.!

xacoon, May 22, 10:18pm
its going to boil down to how long is a piece of string, especially without knowing make or model.

gunhand, May 22, 10:28pm
Not knowing what sort of car will not help but even so with out seeing the visable damage as well as what you can not see there is no way anyone can quote via here. Putting a pic up would be a huge help as well if thats possable. Are you inssured because this sounds like a claim to me.

divadownunder, May 22, 10:34pm
Thanks. when I rang the wrecker he suggested to get it panelbeated. I saw some bumpers for $56 at Pickapart but since they have no phone Im not sure if they still have it (Mangere) Its a plastic bumper I was quoted $350 + gst from one wrecker lol. no thanks. Im just trying to weigh up my options but thanks for your imput

divadownunder, May 22, 10:35pm
Its a 1999 nissan pulsar automatic.(n15). I will try and upload the pics from my cell if I can. Im insured but only 3rd party sighs. my husband has full insurance on his cause he paid a lot more for his + the insurance guy said it wouldnt be worth putting full insurance ( I so wish I had full now )

divadownunder, May 22, 10:38pm
Thats why Im thinking Ill get another bumper instead if its going to cost more to panelbeat. Some people are losers whodo this crap ( do heaps of damage and drive off without leaving a note)

gunhand, May 22, 10:46pm
If its a cheapo car just put another bumber on it the best way you can ( but secure) and drive it. it dosnt make any odds to how it drives and then it wont matter if you have another ding lol. Older dented cars are great as no one pays any mind to them and you dont have to worry about scratching them. Ive got a rough car and in a lapse of concentration backing a trailer in a tight space the other day I hit the fence with the bumper. About an 8inch gouge. Got out checked the fence and laughed at the car. Now if it was a flash one.

lookoutas, May 22, 11:36pm
And you're the 'good guy' who fixed a rusted van for a song!
Wait till john reads this!

Pic needed OP. Otherwise - can't help.

hansen11, May 23, 12:20am
depends on the damage really. I can do plastic welding quite cheap.
Most of the reco places you would look at around the $180 mark and then paint on top.
Like everyone says though it depends on the extent of the damage.

divadownunder, May 23, 1:59am
haha thanks :-)

divadownunder, May 23, 2:00am
Thats what Im thinking if I can get another bumper from Pickapart for $56 cause more than likely someone else will hit my car, its not the 1st time someones hit it and kept driving

divadownunder, May 24, 1:45am
Thanks SirBen. this is where I 1st tried but nothing in white :-(

321mat, May 24, 1:47am
Sounds like you need new bumper irons, as well as a new bumper.

mike107, Mar 27, 4:55pm
Get one from Pick a part and go buy a can of spray paint from ripco.