Panelbeaters and youi

henreitta, Oct 15, 6:23am
. Sheesh. im not a business person, but that reaaly sux, you should charge extra for " late payment "

lookoutas, Oct 15, 6:33am
There is one in Rotorua, and one in Cromwell.

It has caused the odd problem before. So we're told.

lookoutas, Oct 15, 6:36am
That's been my suggestion. But at the moment it's "keep it uncomplicated at this end, otherwise they have an excuse to backfire"

henreitta, Oct 15, 6:57am
Ha, while they havent paid you, they are probly collecting intrest on the money they owe you, .ask for that as well

lookoutas, Oct 16, 4:35am
That's the way they work. Everyone thinks they are the only ones who haven't been paid, but 5K times a 1000 bills not paid! You work it out!

grangies, Oct 16, 6:04am
They still write the job up in their terms though.

If they look at the photos and quote, then their assessment comes back at several hundred less, then that is all Vero will pay.

supernova2, Oct 16, 7:24am
Hmm I've got a job I sorta need done. Maybe I'll drop into the local one and tell them that Youi has already paid them. Then I can pay it to you.

Bet ya they dont do youi work either.

pico42, Oct 16, 7:48am
Ray Hadley is a racist prick who is in love with the sound of his own voice and refuses to listen to any contrary point of view. An ideal talkback host.

He was wrong when he said youi were liable to the victim. The guy who caused the crash is responsible and continues to be responsible. But the cost of that liability is what is covered by the offenders insurance.

lookoutas, Oct 31, 5:51am
It's 16 days since I last posted re payment - and they still haven't paid.

grangies, Oct 31, 6:41am
Gosh your boss must be calm.

I would have flipped my lid ( and probably ruined my chances of ever being paid)

lookoutas, Nov 10, 5:37am
Still haven't paid, but we've been told on good authority that You'i is tied up with IAG!

And while on the IAG band-wagon - that same authority told us that a panelbeater who is not a CRA member, or has technicians with I-Car welding certifications, has gained an IAG contract!

So the outcome of this is that you can have you car repaired by someone who has a toilet for you to piss in, but their welding could be birdshit!

iag.newzealand, Nov 12, 7:51am
Yes know of one ChCh assessor who was ex AMI now working for them.So nothing going to change.

supernova2, Nov 13, 10:24am
lookoutas wrote:
Still haven't paid,

Time for a statutory demand notice.

Holla if you need and guidance on how to go about it.

lookoutas, Nov 13, 8:28pm
Thanks for the offer, but it's not really my problem, and all of the advise I give is ignored.
Then again, that advise is usually unrepeatable.

Standard stalling excuse is they will send a form that needs to be filled in and sent back.
There just happens to be a copy of the original computered away, so that gets spammed back to them again & again & again.

lookoutas, Jul 11, 2:19am
Final update - after the bill got sent to the car owner, they got a flea in their ear in no uncertain terms, and they paid today.

The initial gate keeping reply of needing to send a form out to be filled in, was still put forward, but this stroppy chick/owner already knew the story.