Panelbeaters in new plymouth

Page 1 / 2
jezz43, Jul 3, 7:31am
im after a panelbeater in new plymouth. have looked through the yellow pages but am wanting someone good. i havent used any before as ive normally done my own work, but now i dont have time to finish it so i need it done for me. i require several patches welded up. can anyone reccomend someone who does decent work at a decent price! it is a project vehicle so im in no rush for it, i just want it done once and done properly. may consider a perky for a decent backyard welder who can prove their work.

attitudedesignz, Jul 3, 7:58am
I highly recommend Pete at mend a dent, bottom of seaview road.
Old style craftsman, did some work on my sons ute, 2 door skins and fix the roof. Roof had been jumped on (before son bought it), everyone else in town said "sorry mate, will have to be a new roof", Pete said "no worries, give me a couple of days"
He also makes panels from scratch.
Twice as fast and half the price of anyone else i spoke to in NP.

Pop in and check out some of his work mate.

jezz43, Jul 3, 8:01am
yea, ive heard about some of his work before, unfortunately he cant do what i need as hes buried under quite a bit of work for a while. its nothing major that needs doing, just a floorpan (drivers side) a step and 1/2 a pillar and wheel arch.

supertech1, Jul 3, 8:11am
Rio Bodyworks ask forRichard

attitudedesignz, Jul 3, 8:11am
Unfortunately i don't know anyone else i would recommend. I know plenty of them, just not who i'd get to do my work. That's 'bout as diplomatic i'd get when discussing panel beaters in NP lol.

grangies, Jul 3, 8:11am
Nothing major!

From what you have described, it actually IS a major.

The work you require is a dying craft. (unfortunately)

jezz43, Jul 3, 8:12am
that wouldnt be you would it!

jezz43, Jul 3, 8:14am
its only a bedford van, ive got a pic of some of the rust that needs doing.

supertech1, Jul 3, 8:15am
lol no But he is very good, great costing and great turn around

zoltec45, Jul 3, 9:17am
Theres a good panel beater down the old carters lane in strandon, behind taranaki radiators on the right. I forget the name though but ive been there a few times and he does good work

flashgordon_nz, Jul 3, 10:19am
zoltec45 - your thinking of united panelbeaters.

bell block panel beaters do a fair bit of resto work.

Im a panel beater by trade, and kinda partial to the beddy's. id put my hand up, but have no room in my workshop till after xmas.

the work your are showing there is easy. but time consuming. requires patches made, edges flanged for over-lap, (or butt welded), sprayed with a weldable rust paint, patches fully welded in using gas mig, or tig, then filled and shaped with bog.

attitudedesignz - we must have met at some stage.

jezz43, Jul 3, 10:42am
i only want the patches and plating done, i can do the bog and priming work myself at a later stage. bell block panelbeaters are busy for the next 3 weeks. been in there a few times as they are around the corner from where i work. steven sole customs sent me there about a month ago. ive also tried rio and a few others but no one who can do it anytime soon

jezz43, Jul 3, 10:44am
van isnt really driveable at the moment, if you were keen you could do it onsite here. ive got a parts wanted listing up, feel free to flick me a text if you are interested in taking a look

bentcoupe, Jul 3, 10:57am
nz panel and paint!

jezz43, Jul 3, 10:59am
pretty sure i rang them and they didnt want to do it. he sent me to another place as he reckoned he mainly does insurance work

joker9377, Jul 3, 8:26pm
Brokers panel and paint in Waitara.

attitudedesignz, Jul 3, 9:17pm
Have heard they don't mind getting their hands dirty on resto' work.

jezz43, Jul 3, 9:18pm
where do you work and what do you do attitude!

jezz43, Jul 3, 9:25pm
you do airbrushing aswell! or just paint!

attitudedesignz, Jul 3, 9:31pm
A little bit lol.

jezz43, Jul 3, 9:36pm
that fuel tank looks pretty good. could have a paint job for ya in the future if you are keen. im just struggling to find the paint i need as i never buy the stuff so im unsure of whats required

attitudedesignz, Jul 3, 9:42pm
That fuel tank was abit of fun, i did it for a mate who's got an old farm bike who wanted something different lol.
From stripping tank to final clear coat i only had 10 hours in it.

I'll get in touch through ya wanted listing.

jezz43, Jul 3, 9:49pm
what i want is a bit simpler (i think), a mate of mine reckons he can get the paints and thinners and primers etc (almost everything i need) for $700ish. however ive seen his painting and id like a better job lol. he does ok, but his garage isnt windproof and his car ended up with paint runs.

flashgordon_nz, Jul 3, 10:30pm
attitudedesignz - that sewing machine looked cool. having grown up with mum collecting that model. that one is cool, something different.

matthew panel beaters does a lot of his own CF bedford work. He would possibly have parts available also.

Im surprised NZ panel and paint werent interested - Alan the owner himself is good with the old stuff, when he is on the tools.

jezz43 - where do you work! I am based in that area for work also.

jezz43, Jul 3, 10:31pm
im contracted by taranaki sawmills. i dont actually work for them. just maintain their blades onsite