93 corolla heater core removal.

koma6, Jun 28, 5:43am
Got a leaking heater core in the above car, anybody know if this can be removed without removing the entire dashboard! Thanks in advance.

intrade, Jun 28, 6:25am
you can just bypass the heater it wont heat no more then.

bigfatmat1, Jun 28, 7:14am
no but the dash would only take an hour or so to remove not a big job like everyone claims then just a matter of pulling the core out of the box prob allow ya self half hour to do that its not difficult job just time consuming

andrea_w, Jun 28, 7:19am
A dash removal and refit in that car would probably take me 1 1/2 hours tops, probably less.
Plus a bit of time to remove part of the heater box and replace the core.

For a working heater, the extra bit of time to actually fix the problem is worth it!

intrade, Jun 28, 7:24am
how much are heater cores new . last time i wanted to buy one in nz for a mazda they wanted 600$ fora core . my punto fiat core was 27 eurofrom germany .

intrade, Jun 28, 7:27am
and forget secoundhand cores i fitted a secoundhand core 2 times on the 626 mmazda telstar i had after 2 years the secoundhand core poped again

koma6, Jun 28, 11:28am
Cheers, of course i'm going to repair or replace it. It's aready been blanked off, not much fun coming over arthurs pass without it. Will rip the dash out then, Cheers

intrade, Aug 8, 3:54pm
real expensive in nz your probably better to order direct from europe the parcel will come free no tax thru nz boarder if its below 380$ including shipping.
http://www.a1radiators.net.nz/index.cfm/products/heater_assemblies/toyota.html318$ for the early model corolla . here in nz
non listed in the place i buy parts from like i said i paid 27 euro for my punto fiat one ex germany