New car heater?

grandmagroovy, Jun 12, 7:58am
I have an 84 corona and the guy i bought it off said he removed heater cos it was leaking. Can i buy a second hand or new heater to put in! Also is this expensive!

johnf_456, Jun 12, 8:00am
You can buy another heater core but has for putting it in very time consuming and only worth doing if you can do it yourself. Has it is a dash out sort of job that involves pulling the car to bits.

grandmagroovy, Jun 12, 8:07am
Thanks where would i get one from also do you know how much for!

mugenb20b, Jun 12, 9:01pm
There's no 'H' in the word 'AS' Johnf_456.

mugenb20b, Jun 12, 9:02pm
Most car wreckers should have them.

r15, Jun 12, 9:02pm
look around in paddocks for a similar corona, or you might find a maori shrub, or somewhere out there there might be a wrecker with something that old sitting around

russ18, Jun 12, 9:07pm
Back in the good old days.

Had a Torana that didn't have a heater, got everything I needed out of an old Holden at the local rubbish dump and fitted it.

almosttherenow, Jun 12, 9:10pm
The chances are the heater will still be in the car just the hoses are not running thru the heater anymore, Get someone who knows abit about cars to take a look. Fixing the old 1 would be the easiest way to go about it me thinks. As finding another 1 would be a weeks work in itself easily.

johnf_456, Jun 12, 9:18pm
I know a simple mistake but what are you contributing to this thread! Just like in other thread how you fail to use a full stop.

johnf_456, Jun 12, 9:23pm
They can not be fixed if the core is leaking, the only was is to dismantle all the dash etc. I would not recommend any of the stop leak like products either.

almosttherenow, Jun 12, 11:42pm
#10 I have a car that had a leaky heater when i bought it the heater hoses had been looped round, So I hooked them back up and put 2 cubes of sealwel in the cooling system and the leak stopped and has been like that and works fine since 07. So Yes they can be fixed within reason of course.

intrade, Jun 13, 7:57am
if you put crap to seal the cooling system then your gona end up with more then just a seald heateryou going to end up with blocking the cooling radiator also over time. heaters cant be fixed they need to be replaced. and its a bitch of a job on most cars only easy one is the cortina 1982 all cars should have the heater like this car easy as changed in 3 minute on that.
Heater cores cost a arm and a leg also here in nz i got me a new heater core for my punto for 27 euro from germany. and once i needed a heater core for a mazda 626 telstar and theywanted me to pay 550$ for that lol.

bigfatmat1, Jun 13, 8:45am
84 corona remove heater core and refit 2 hours they do not get much easier price to get heater core fixed prob round the two hundy mark

saturn51, Jun 8, 11:47pm
Go to Pick a Part and remove one to practice on.Doesn`t matter if you break something just go to the next in line to refine the technique.