1996 Mitsi Legnum Heater

miixfm, Sep 22, 7:02am
Hi there,

i own a mitsi legnum and the pipes where the heater hoses attach onto have corroded away. does anyone which part the pipes connect onto so i can replace it to get my heater working.Thanks

bigfatmat1, Sep 22, 7:41am
normally if its the pipes on the firewall its the heater core so you will need to remove dash and dismantle heater box then replace heater core. Sounds worse than it is

miixfm, Sep 22, 9:30am
Thats what i thought (and affraid off lol) Cheers for that

807, Sep 23, 9:24am
good luck with that .most carmakers seem to start with the heater, then build the rest of the car around that !

andrea_w, Sep 23, 9:40am
Removing and refitting a dash isn't hard if you aren't scared of working on cars and have a few basic tools. I don't have any experience in replacing a Legnum heater core so can't give you specifics there, but I can guide you on removing the dash if you want - with pics. It's not on a Legnum, but trust me. the principle is exactly the same! I should be able to guide you on some of the Legnum dash too, it's been a little while since I've done one but I think I can kick my memory back into gear if need be.
In a typical Japanese car, I can remove and refit a dash in 2-3 hours. Maybe double that for someone with no experience, so it could even be a good job to do on a rainy Sat or Sun
'tis a shame you live so far away. if you were local to me, I'd offer to to it all for ya

andrea_w, Nov 15, 1:15am
I guess the OP lost interest.