Nissan Wingroad or Ford Focus Wagon around 2010

joanne83, May 12, 8:55am
Which would be the more reliable car? Wingroads seem to be priced very reasonably and have 1800 motor compared to Focus 1600 is there much difference?

monaro17, May 12, 9:38am
x1
I don't know about reliability but the focus is put together far better. Those Wingroads as with other Nissans of the same ilk (tiida etc) are made to a budget, and it certainly shows. Awful hard, scratchy plastics and tinny jarring ride. The focus is a far nicer place to be

franc123, May 12, 9:49am
Still too many CVT issues with the Nissans, even on those that have had trans oil changes with the correct oils, the likely possibility of major component failure is something you shouldn't have to deal with on a newish car. About as much fun to be in as a microwave oven too, as above, at least Focus has got some flair, looks good and drives good.

tamarillo, May 12, 10:50am
As others say. There's a reason wingroads are cheaper.

stevo2, May 12, 5:26pm
The question was - "Which is the most reliable car".
I would say that as long as the servicing of the CVT transmission is kept up to date, the Wingroad would be the most reliable.
The Focus is a nicer car with better handling and more fun to drive but that wasn't the question was it.

kazbanz, May 12, 8:54pm
If we were only looking at those two cars for a number of reasons I'd go for the Wingroad.
Trouble is though I would probably buy neither and go for the Corolla/corolla fielder wagon.
boring car to drive and maintainence wise boring car to own.

intrade, May 12, 9:27pm
WARNING! stay away from nissan wingroads . i find them extreemly difficult to diagnose ,
i dont know about the ford exactly but i would say new nissan are one of the worst to own unless your mechanic has certivication in advanced electronic diagnostic on modern vehicles including remote key programming and diagnosis.
i just been on the remote key programming course and it was the nissan wingroad . 1 guess they used the wingroad as training platform because it is the one with the most complex systems to learn on , but i dont recommend you buy this cars , the biggest nightmare one is the wingroads with the wire going in to the rear view mirror, just have a look next time you see a wingroad , the mirror is required to make the engine start. I posted this more then once on here over the last years.

3tomany, May 12, 9:34pm
I would say focus for sure but if you are down to two specific cars it might be better to buy the one that has been looked after the best. Remember when that wingroad craps its trans that is most likely the end of the car but in saying that any car can have an expensive trans issue.

intrade, May 12, 9:41pm
you know the new training rig is the toyota clarkson destroyed on topgear , the wiring is so ultra thin the turor said that you have to be ultra carfull in probing wires and just guess how fast wire corrosion will cause emense problems if the wires are almost non existant they are so thin.
The reasons the manufacturers do is to save a few kg on total waight of new cars to bring down fuelconsumption and to be able to meet the new emission laws, Yes i said it 100 times already but its true its all for emissions , i did read on tech articles about this , they also made new fuse boxes to save a few gramms on some cars with dual-fuses now having 3 pins to serve 2 circuits .
it dont helps the stuff to last and makes it more and more extreem to diagnose real problems , all caused by emission rules . waight and cost savings from manufacturers. vehicles are made to last 6 years and manufacturers interest is in selling you new cars , this are all facts i got from professional places , long live service is another one that destroys cars unless the vehicle operates as courier driver , this is what it was designed for by manufacturers and because it destroys cars for private users its only good they need new cars again sooner its what car makers live from , in a way you cant blame them for try and stay in business.