Stolen Nissan Wingroad, Auckland.

curlcrown, Jan 26, 8:38am
2007 Silver. GUP577. More details and photos in my listing. Please get in touch or contact the Police if you see it. Thank you.

martin11, Jan 26, 9:19am
Claim insurance ?

lyl_guy, Jan 26, 9:26am
I'm in your area so will keep an eye out for it - but yes - Insurance?

jaydeess, Jan 26, 10:28am
How do they steal cars with coded keys? Surley its too much hassel to pinch a lower value car like a wingroad ( I own a wingroad, great car. dont tell anyone :-). )

richardmayes, Jan 26, 11:15am
Sorry to hear that. Good luck, I wonder how many thousand silver wingroads are on the roads in Auckland every day?

kazbanz, Jan 26, 11:19am
Where from mate? Not specific just general.

curlcrown, Jan 26, 11:37am
I know. Acutally a good car to steal because they are so inconspicious. Had a distictive falcon stolen a few years ago but got a lot of sightings and found it becuse people noticed it a but more, but no one takes much notice of a silver wingroad.

curlcrown, Jan 26, 11:38am
kazbanz wrote:

Where from mate? Not specific just general.[/quote

Swanson Road.

curlcrown, Jan 26, 11:39am
This one did not apear to have a coded key because I was able to tart the car once with just a blade part of the key when the remote part came off.

franc123, Jan 26, 1:22pm
Not all JDM cars are fitted with immobilisers.

curlcrown, Jan 26, 8:16pm
Insurance is prohibitively expensive for my needs, so much so that a year's premioum would cost more than the value of the car.

joanie04, Jan 26, 8:30pm
I agree great car. Had mine for four years. Regular servicing, a set of tyres and front brakes are all I have had to do on it. Economical as well.

curlcrown, Jan 26, 9:12pm
Thanks to a diligent member of the public and the New Zealand Police the car has been located not for from where it was taken and in a reasonable condition.

martin11, Jan 27, 7:19am
Until you have an accident that is your fault and have to pay . You need at least 3rd party

kazbanz, Jan 27, 3:00pm
Im glad you have had a decent result.
Very specifically at this time of year "petty" car thefts seem out of control. --I strongly suspect its a case of "idle fingers" being very close to end of school holidays

curlcrown, Jan 27, 3:35pm
That was the caes. A bunch of school kids were spotted in a nearby suberb with it tapering with two other cars. When a resident approached them they claimed it was their mother's car and fled. They were then spotted again tampering with another car and that time when approched by someone else they fled on foot and left the car only a few km from where it was taken.

muppet_slayer, Jan 27, 3:38pm
F en little pieces of shit!

annie17111, Jan 27, 4:14pm
My son's car was stolen last week from hamiton and then used in a robbery in Auckland. He will get his car back once it's been fixed up.
Glad you got your car back but please look into third party, covers you if you hit someone else.

cjohnw, Jan 27, 5:25pm
Yep. Reminds me of a young bloke apprentice we had a few years ago, drove his old uninsured Subaru Legacy into the back of an Audi stopped at traffic lights.
He asked me what he should do, I said “get a weekend job”, and as he turned away I added, “and get insurance”.
I reckon he could quite possibly be still paying for that today.
Some people are beyond help.

scarey65, Sep 21, 9:43pm
third party is cheap someone hit my rave4 backed into it 20k to repair

i had full insurance i wouldnt drive without insurance