Door electricals on ef falcon wagon go up and down

farnortherner, Jun 25, 7:46pm
and wont lock, any idea what the problem could be please!

farnortherner, Jun 25, 7:54pm
the actual door locks and unlocks and stays unlocked, before it was locking now the other way around, find it gets like this when its raining and we get our fair amount of rain here in the farnorth.

farnortherner, Jun 25, 7:55pm
Is it the main door, I wasnt given any door opener remote, fella lost it so only have the key to do it.

skin1235, Jun 25, 8:43pm
if you suspect the issue to be water related remove the door card from the inside, leave the vehicle in the rain until it is misbehaving, then put it in the shed and find out where the water is around the electrics,
you can get replacement seals for the bottom of the glass, you can also shield all the electrical joints with even tape or silicone, the motors and lock actuators can often be shielded with plastic sheet
keeps the electrics dry and may solve the issue - make sure the drain holes in the bottom of the door are clear and open

farnortherner, Jun 25, 8:57pm
Hi just took the door card off, now when I turn the key in the door it pushes it back up all the time, so somewhere in the middle area is where it is actually faulty somehow, cant see in properly

nave12, Jun 25, 9:21pm
Had this same thing happen on a 93 eb,it turned out that it was a night when i had left the passengers window down and water had got onto the electrics.I took off the door card and un plugged the connection for about a week then plugged it back in and problem solved,you could take each door card off and unplug one at a time then try locking your car,once it locks you have found your culprit.Also do you use just the key or do you have a smartlock remote and lock it with the button.

nave12, Jun 25, 9:23pm
Just read your post above again,i see it is just the key but it will lock and unlock just the same as a remote when turning the key in any one of the front doors.

farnortherner, Jun 25, 9:24pm
Hi nave12 no I only have the key not the smartlock remote as the seller didnt have it anymore he lost it, that sounds about right, I did the same thing, left the window open and yes got wet will give that a go, thanks

farnortherner, Jun 25, 9:27pm
thanks will check for that too

farnortherner, Jun 25, 9:50pm
hmm not the main door drivers side, but seems like it could be the boot door one that is causing it, just trying to get a image of that somewhere on the net here to see what it looks like first to investigate the problem. K thanks very much, still not illuminating taking them off for a week to dry up or something though.

farnortherner, Jun 25, 9:52pm
will try unhooking the electrical on that to see on the rear door of the stationwagon

farnortherner, Jul 28, 10:43am
well unhooked the electrical on the station wagon door, so its now stopped going up and down and up on the four doors, yaye got something sorted.Dry out the wiring on it before I try and plug it up again.