Shipping price for engine?

kingmarz, Jun 19, 1:06am
hey just wondering if anyone knows an estimate price for shipping an engine nationwide, what services would do this and would they pick up from your house! Thanks, any info appreciated.

big.b-lil.c, Jun 19, 1:08am
wont usually pick up unless you have a account. what it costs depends where its coming from and where its going to and how big the engine is

tmenz, Jun 19, 2:08am

gs1220, Jun 19, 3:05am
I had an engine sent Nelson to Christchurch. About a hundred dollars. The seller nicely wrapped it and put it on a pallet and took it to the Mainfreight Depotfor free, which made it easy for me. Mainfreight worked out the price, I went into Mainfreight Christchurch and paid the Depot-to-Depot cost. Mainfreight rang me when the engine arrived and I picked it up. Not completely hassel-free, but not too bad. There was a slight drama about Mainfreight not accepting the engine until the freight had been paid, and me not knowing the amount to pay until Mainfreight weighed it.
At the time I was told that Mainfreight were looking to capture the TradeMe shipping business. Other stuff I have bought on here has been shipped in the same way. Perhaps they aren't the cheapest, but I found them reliable and straightforward.

donz01, Jul 2, 7:15pm
Toll being part of Tranz Rail delivered a 2.0 litre vectra motor from New Plymouth to Ashburton for $150. The driver unloaded it at the road and used a pallet jack to walk it up my drive right to the garage door. Brilliant service and what I thought was a resonable price. I believe the picked it up from the sellers address as well.