Have you had your cambelt replaced recently?

homelygirl, Jun 17, 10:47pm
How much does it cost on average and do they typically change things like the water pump etc!

Just want to see if we are getting the wool pulled over our eyes.in saying that we have never had a vehicle that has had cambelts so this is our first experience

musikcrazee, Jun 17, 10:49pm
400 for cambelt waterpump tensioner idler and powersteering belt plus 2.5 hours labour.

xy_351_gt, Jun 17, 10:49pm
ok il do it guys, red car is $300and silver car is $4000

homelygirl, Jun 17, 10:51pm
Thanks! So 421 and then labour charges seems about right

musikcrazee, Jun 17, 10:53pm
he is asking what kind of car it is as cambelt prices vary greatly. The 400 included labour charges on a ST191 corona 3sfe

saxman99, Jun 17, 10:54pm
It's common to do ancillary components like waterpumps, tensioner & idler when a cambelt change is done yes.However, you can choose not to if you think those bits are still in good order.The risk you run is that one of them does fail in the not-too-distant future and you have to do the whole job over again.

Cost varies greatly from car to car.A 95 corolla will be cheapish to do, a 2010 Maserati not so much.

I just did the one in my 94 ford van myself for a grand total of $68, but I didn't do the other gear.

What car are you talking about and what is the quote!There are many knowledgable guys on here who could help you with the specifics.

homelygirl, Jun 17, 10:55pm
Well he should have just asked lol

Its a 2001 Toyota Estima X

homelygirl, Jun 17, 10:56pm
Thanks for the tip about the other parts :)

crzyhrse, Jun 17, 11:02pm
Was it a bit subtle for you! It didn't occur to you that the colour of the car wouldn't affect the cost but having considered that the make model and year might!

phillip.weston, Jun 17, 11:02pm
And what engine does the bubbl-o-people mover have! 2.4 4cyl or 3.0 V6!

homelygirl, Jun 18, 12:22am
Its a 3.0 V6.I like your wording lol

homelygirl, Jun 18, 12:23am
Actually no it didnt occur to me, thats because as I have said in my earlier post, I have never had a vehicle with a cambelt so wouldnt have a clue!

phillip.weston, Jun 18, 12:27am
Because the 2001 Estima/Previa was based on a Camry platform, the engine is up front under the tiny bonnet and there is very little access to anything. The parts alone may cost $400ish but I would say the labour to do the job would be at least 8 hours. I wouldn't be expecting any change out of $1200 to be honest.

homelygirl, Jun 25, 1:04pm
Thanks :) Will remember that for next time I have a question