Looking for a People Mover - needing advice pls

buyme3, Jun 15, 10:16pm
chariot is going to cost you in long run especiallly one in that price range

vjregal770, Jun 15, 10:30pm
My sister's 2002 Odyssey has been brilliant.

The Dog & Lemon guide is written by someone who doesn't know any better for people who don't know any better. Ignore.

buyme3, Jun 15, 10:41pm
better to find something you like in price you like then get it checked out, any car could be great just as any could be stuffed

awrenn, Jun 15, 11:47pm
I agree 100% - good advice there.

Cheers
Andy

phillip.weston, Jun 16, 10:52am
don't bother spending $20 for a D&G review for 8 cars - you can buy the whole book of thousands of cars for $25. But even then, it's only good reading from a comedy point of view.

vtecintegra, Jun 16, 10:54am
What type of trailer!I don't think any of your choices are really suitable for towing anything substantial.

thejazzpianoma, Jun 16, 11:08am
+1 on ignoring the Dog and Lemon, that guy needs shutting down he is an irresponsible Git dispensing misleading and poor advice to people who are making a significant financial transaction.
IF you can find one in your price range I can't recommend a Fiat Multipla enough. Its just miles ahead of anything else in that price range. If you are really lucky and can get a Diesel one its even better as they only cost around $13 per 100km to run (including RUC) and they have plenty of grunt for towing. The transmission etc will also cope easily with towing its rated amounts.
As a car the handling, power, economy, versatility, reliability, service costs etc are all well ahead of what the others offer.

It has curved glass all round with absolutely zero blind spots and is short and wide which makes it about the easiest thing you can buy to park and manouver. It may not feel that way the first time you drive it but once you have driven it a couple of times you will be amazed how maneuverability they are, especially with their really tight turning circle.

They have been a bit thin on the ground under 5K lately (people are waking up to how good they are) but they still come up now and then. So if you see one and like it don't muck about.

Oh and parts are easily available and cheap, not that you are likely to need anything other than basic service items.

murdoko, Jun 16, 11:26am
I agree with Kaz, Toyota Gaia is a bang for the buck. Rather than going for the older ipsum or other counterparts, the Gaia's got a luxurious feel to it.

trading_gibsons, Jun 16, 11:12pm
I have 1998 Ipsum & it's been great ,had low mileage when I got it. My mechanic always raves about what good cars why are

crzyhrse, Jun 21, 2:18pm
It might pay to clarify your trailer towing more specifically. If it's a 6x4 to the tip or to pick up some timber around town you can tow that with anything. But if you're going long distance with it loaded to the gunnels with camping gear and the car full too, not so much.