Subarooooo Trans experts

jason18, Jun 15, 9:48pm
1999 GTB Auto , Goes good bar one thing. Sometimes when putting it for park to drive it wont engage straight away. It will just sit there like its in neutral. Sometimes does it for 5 sec other times was like a minute. Any ideas!

luke041, Jun 15, 10:21pm
Low clutch seals worn we are doing about one vehicle a week with that problem.

jason18, Jun 15, 10:24pm
So its a trans rebuild!

jason18, Jun 15, 11:35pm
Yeah not mine. Mate bought it a few weeks ago. 3k he paid. Going to cost about 1600 to fix.

luke041, Jun 16, 3:14am
Not a rebuild about 1600 sounds about right

hijacka, Jun 16, 3:27am
When was the last time it had a flush and change! Drop all the fluid out and flush it then replace. the trans will use about 9litres (DX3 only). Doubt its as mentioned above by luke. just sounds like the trans fluid is at fault to me but you'll soon have the answer when you drop the old stuff out anyway and I'll put money on the fluid being at fault if it does it more so when the cars cold.
Welcome your m8 to the world of buying cheap and unserviced subarus jason.

jason18, Jun 16, 6:21am
hahah yeah. Mint car otherwise. Just had all fluid dones apparently. Will tell him. Cheers Bud

coolieo, Jun 16, 9:12am
i second that.got mine fixed for $1300 at manukau subaru specilists.
it was the forward clutch seal which fixed the same problem.quite common i hear.

luke041, Jun 16, 9:48am
I've worked/ran a trans shop for about 15 years now and done 100's of them, how many have you fixed before! and how much money do you want to put on it!

jason18, Jun 21, 2:57am
Fluid is new. Rang marshalls and Mainstreet. They both said oil leaking of frontn clutch pack. Need new seals through box and some friction plates. Cheers Jase