Holden experts please.. Tonight i was driving along nicely parked up and steam was coming from bonnet popped the hood and can te

jazzy1231, Jun 13, 8:14am
tonight i was driving along nicely, parked up and steam was coming from bonnet. popped the hood and can tell straight away it was coolant, was dripping on ground below. seemed to be coming from front of engine just to the right. 100 dollar question is. what could it be!Car is 2005 vz sv6 103,000km on clock, serviced @ 101,800km - oil, filter, air filter, radiator cap, and coolant was done on last service. any info would be much appreciated

biddy6, Jun 13, 8:18am
It maybe a split hose, loose clamp, water pump fail or radiator split/ leak, or maybe rad cap not correct-or on properly.

skyline_guy_r34, Jun 13, 8:18am
Seems it might be a bit premature. but could be a worn/split hose. Or possibly a loose hose. Easiest thing to do is get it to closest mechanic and get them to pressure test the cooling system. If theres a leak it'll show its self very quickly.

jazzy1231, Jun 13, 8:47am
thanks guys, next question, being a cooling problem, would i be safe driving 3minutes up the road to the mechanics, or should i be towed. i will be doing this first thing in the morning so i assume this should be safe to do while the car is cold!

antwerp87, Jun 13, 8:52am
Make sure there is fluid in the radiator. Check how much is comming out. top up to the brim drive it up the road (if its only 3ks) and you should be fine.

zephyrheaven, Jun 13, 8:55am
was a few issues with radiator caps on those models, make sure the cap isnt 'two piece' now (once its cool)

jazzy1231, Jun 14, 9:05pm
Just an update guys, it was water pump with a callapsed bearing. only done 100k and the water pump is pakaru. who would of thought these cars are meant to be bullet proof.

ct9a, Jun 14, 3:18am
as does a few other people