Which grade of oil is best for a 1994 Rav4

Page 2 / 2
phillip.weston, Jun 12, 11:08pm
In our climate even with 20W50 - that's never going to happen.

zooki007, Jun 12, 11:36pm
Haven't seen you add anything of benefit to the OP yet.
But but but . DUH!

carmedic, Jun 12, 11:53pm
Mate, you were spouting crap, I called it, and now you don??

musikcrazee, Jun 13, 12:00am
Same with mine, a couple of seconds for the oil light to go out. Have used 15w 40 mineral, 20w50 and now 15w 40 semi synthetic and haven't noticed a difference in the time it takes for the light to go out. Have yet to try a genuine oil filter though.

johnf_456, Jun 13, 12:19am
Well said mate

zooki007, Jun 13, 1:01am
Thanks carmedic, you're so kind.
Quotes just to show how you have helped the op soooo much here.
Now please,try and add something to this post that the OP can use to solve his issue he is having. If you can't don't bother replying.

So far I have suggested using a genuine filter and to check the oil pickup strainer. Knowing what these vehicles and engines are like, as I work on them daily in our franchise, I can offer some assistance.

johnf_456, Jun 13, 1:23am
Carmedic had a perfectly fine answer, you started by rubbishing anything that is not genuine which is not the case. Hes a good honest mechanic and many here respect him. Obviously you get money out of genuine filters through you're work, so it is in your interest to rubbish them. Aftermarket parts are very common and they are built to oem standards.

zooki007, Jun 13, 1:49am
Firstly - I didn't rubbish aftermarket parts
2nd - No, I don't make money from genuine parts, work even sells aftermarket parts as well. I'm not a parts sales person.
3rd - I don't know carmedic from a bar of soap and I don't know what his qualifications are but he hasn't added anything of value here yet.
4th - Aftermarket filters aren't made to OEM specs, if they were they'd be recommended by manufacturers and they'd be warranty specified - which they're not.
My previous post goes for you as well. Add something of value here for the OP or don't bother. Bye.

johnf_456, Jun 13, 1:56am
Care to explain how afternarket part companys stand by there products, even on some cars that have a warranty. Carnedic maintains fleet vehicles i believe and he is very good and hopefully he will be here later to explain.

zooki007, Jun 13, 2:00am
John - Add something of value here for the OP or don't bother. Bye.

johnf_456, Jun 13, 2:01am
I thought you were leaving

phillip.weston, Jun 13, 5:27am
The reason for that is because the oil pressure sender for the dash light is mounted in the head, and while the bearings etc would get oil pressure almost instantly I would say the cylinder head is the last to get full oil pressure, therefore the oil light is delayed in turning off.

tuttyclan, Jun 13, 7:26pm
All good now no more rattle on start up.

moosie_21, Jun 10, 9:01am
My 3sfe can handle anything I throw at it. Not a performance machine, but still good to know there's a bit of bulletproofness behind it!