Page 3 / 3
thejazzpianoma, Dec 11, 8:23pm
You too. off to the dunce corner.

thejazzpianoma, Dec 11, 8:28pm
I'm off to the butcher now to get some meat for some "flame grilling"

mechnificent, Dec 11, 8:31pm
Well that is rich!

thejazzpianoma, Dec 11, 8:34pm
What can I say. the usual suspects were overdue for a "wind".

1fordluva, Dec 11, 8:47pm
Being better off on wages,just means that you couldnt hide the way you were living off the business.
Many people say "oh my employee earns more than me" reality check for you.they dont drive exspensive cars and spend 1k a week on groceries and all that.
The truth is that many people use the business to offset tax and live by putting it all down to the business.
You cant tell me any different,I have seen many farmers,share milkers,workshop owners do it.
Many of them are no-longer in business now because of it.

kazbanz, Dec 11, 9:08pm
Taste--medicineFeel free to fill in the gaps.

rob_man, Dec 11, 9:08pm
OK, I concede defeat, you know more about me than I do myself. You're so clever and insightful.

1fordluva, Dec 11, 9:10pm
Atleast you know when to admit defeat.
Yourea good sport.

rob_man, Dec 11, 9:22pm
One last thing, could you please tell me where I hid all that money. I have no recollection of it and I would enjoy spending it now because I went so many years being careful about spending.
Please tell me where to dig.

1fordluva, Dec 11, 9:28pm
Go and cry to your accountant,he is probably spending it right now.if you did the books yourself.flog yourself.

scamples, Dec 11, 9:33pm
What is the price for a warrant of fitness ONLY.new car, no need to have work done on it etc.thanks

clark20, Dec 11, 9:57pm
Have you read any of the posts!

franc123, Dec 11, 10:01pm
$25-60 depending on where you live and how desperate the outfit is to get business off you.Also how do you know your car won't need any work!Age has nothing to do with whether anything passes straight off.

mechnificent, Dec 11, 10:14pm
Perhaps he thinks the repairs are included in the price of a wof.

anr, Dec 13, 6:02am
Archibalds Audi in christchurch charge around 112+gst an hour and the WOF was only 35+gst

gtrmotorsport, Dec 13, 7:23am
$76 +Gst an hour. $50 +Gst wof . In hamilton. Customers dont mind i have a low cost wof place down the road doing wof's for $25 has not affected me at all . ho can someone make money from $25 when usual wof takes 45min for me anyway prob not them.

superdave0_13, Dec 13, 8:27am
They would have to be homemade surely. According to his figures he works less than 20 hours per week.

neville48, Dec 14, 4:05am
There-in lies part of the problem. Why would you put your rate up just because someone else charges more than you. go for what works for you,dont be greedy,keep rates down,and SHOUT OUT LOUD ABOUT IT and get more of the work. If you are a good mechanic,it must work. what someone else charges shouldn't even be part of the equation. Let your concience be the guide and be a savvy,honest businessman surely must work. All sounds a bit gooey squishy but the hourly rate/wage differencial is getting a bit out of hand.

lookoutas, Dec 14, 5:24am
Lets work from the important part.
How much should a mechanic/tradesperson earn annually!
Police & teachers get over 70K, so surely a tradesman should be on parity. But we aren't - so be a mean arsewipe and give us 60K. (which we aren't getting)
That insult equates to $30/hr (that's 60K / 2000annual hrs, near enough) and working on the 33.3% x 3 formula, it works out to a simple hourly charge-out rate of $90. (or $105 @ 70K)
Stop bloody grizzling.