I need a new car-advice please

j96, Jun 9, 2:13am
I need to get a car, i can spend up to 10k but the less the better. My only real requirements are that it is economical (i do 130kms a day) and not a nana car please! I'd prefer not diesel (already have 1), dont care about style or auto or manual, just comfortable to drive and runs on the smell of an oily rag, oh and reliable
Suggestions please

vtecintegra, Jun 9, 2:14am
'Nana car' is very subjective.

sifty, Jun 9, 2:21am
Definitely get a blue one.

crzyhrse, Jun 9, 2:24am
Make up your mind!

writy, Jun 9, 2:26am
Mazda is the only way to go - mazda capella, mazda 626 , mazda familia , mazda 6, mazda 3, mazda 2 , can't bet them.value and economy.

j96, Jun 9, 2:28am
ha ha nana car- a little shopping basket that only manages 70km on the motorway (usually due to the driver, not the car tho)

Writy, thank you i will have a look at Mazda's. My 1st car was a mazda 323, one of the original imports and it went forever!

cjohnw, Jun 9, 2:35am
Are you partial to FIAT's.

Just wait .

vtecintegra, Jun 9, 2:53am
But that is exactly what a Mazda 323 is

j96, Jun 9, 2:58am
Yep totally! But i was a teen then, i'm somewhat older now. but not old enough for a nana car!

j96, Jun 9, 2:59am
I'm partial to driving over the top of them in my 4x4

mine44, Jun 9, 3:33am
yeah go for a little toyota

stevo2, Jun 9, 6:17am
MX5

max.headroom, Jun 9, 6:28am
A white toyota corolla,, The most invisible car on the road, Good on gas

3tomany, Jun 9, 9:23am
why ask everyone knows you should buy a fiat

writy, Jun 9, 11:15am
no way ! mitzy colt, nissan micra, hyundai getz, etc
they are Nana shopping cart cars.

supernova2, Jun 9, 1:18pm
Where is the musicman!I'll say if for him Multipla.There done.

mapman, Jun 9, 8:30pm
Yep, I agree or a MR2. Cheep on gas and sporty. Save yourself 1K with this little ripper 382545460

oddbits, Jun 10, 6:57am
Id stick to mid engine stay away from boxes on wheels have you seen the damage some suffer at slow speeds they fold up ,
beside get on an open motor way and your 85kwof power will actually use up more gas than a good 2 litrecar .

j96, Jun 10, 9:42pm
That spyder is a sexy little number! But totally unsuitable for me i think. I dunno if it makes a difference but most of the travelling i do is motorway and i do 130 kms a day so need something low kms too. Its pretty much free flowing motorway, not stop start stuff