Radiator Thermo switch for electric fan

bushells, Jun 8, 9:36am
Does anyone know who would stock a thermo switch for an electric fan. I want the one that screws into the bottom of the radiator. Don't want one that goes into the top hose.

for_an_angel, Jun 8, 9:40am
Auto sparky

bushells, Jun 8, 9:44am
Nup, tried a few and most of them only have the top hose model.

for_an_angel, Jun 8, 9:57am
Bugger. our local auto sparky holds a few different types of thermo switch.

sr2, Jun 8, 10:45am
You are right in not wanting one fitted to the top hose; if you fit it to the bottom hose or tank it will only turn your fan on when needed. These days I run the fans from the ECU but in the past I had great success with cheap 2nd hand Toyota senders from the wreckers. I??

bushells, Jun 8, 10:49am
Would you know what model of Toyota the switch came from.

for_an_angel, Jun 8, 10:52am
90-96 corona ran a thermo switch also ee/ae90 series in the bottom tank. kick in round the 90 deg mark

bigfatmat1, Jun 8, 7:18pm
Quite often toyota switches are n/c not a prob just be aware that you need to wire fan to 87a instead of 87.

falcon15, May 22, 3:55am
repco and bnt stock fan switchs. Last silvia i converted to electric fans i just got one of those alloy pipes that normally go into the top hose for a aftermarket temp guage. I just retaped it for a 2 wire thermo switch and put it in the bottom hose and wired it up to the fans via a relay. Repco stock quiet a few differnt thermo switches that turn on and off at different temps so you can work out what works best for you