2007 hino fc truck - fuel filter change.

flashgordon_nz, Jun 8, 10:30am
Done my hiace regularly before, done my f100 (electric fuel pump), but time has come to change the fuel filter on the truck - the filter down by the tank.
changing the filter should be easy - but what about the bleed-up! manual pump somewhere! Want a word of experience pointing me in the right direction before stuffing it up! LOL

all input, tips, and advice appreciated!

chris_051, Jun 8, 10:59am
It will have a secondary filter up by the pump, change this too, and loosen the bleed banjo bolt on top 10 or 12 mm head from memory and pump the plunger till air is out, piece of piss,

intrade, Jun 8, 11:09am
just fill the filter up with diesel before you fit it again if possibile.

flashgordon_nz, Jun 8, 11:14am
lol. i wondered that intrade, to be honest. wondered if it was worth a shot.

thanks chris - so basically the same as priming up the hiace.
I was told not to worry about that one up by the engine, but have also run a shock dose of fuel set etc thru it to try and give it a bit of a clean up.

for_an_angel, Jun 8, 11:16am
x1
I'd change the filter at the engine as well. Passenger side rear of engine you'll see the second filter. The lift pump is also on the passenger side of the engine bout half way long the injector pump. The lift pump has a plastic lifter that you unscrew and it will release and lift then you pump till air stops coming from the bleeder (on the second filter housing) make sure you push the lift pump back down and screw home or you could have an issue with air getting into the system.

joe_berwick_aust, Aug 8, 8:37pm
I changed both fuel filters on my hino fc, both the seperator by the tank and the smaller one on the engine . however after priming after installation the small primer spout on top of the motor still has a small fuel leak when I turn the truck on.I have tightened the nut you loosen when priming as tight as I can but still theres a small leak.Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I've done this job many times before and never had this problem.