253 V8

Page 2 / 2
guider1, Jun 6, 9:08pm
There is a small amount of mucking about but i'm talking, maybe half a days worth. Your fuel sender is still the same but because of where the fuel pickup is & not wanting to run the risk of running the EFI pump dry, we fitted a 2L surge tank. His one runs a Facet fuel pump to supply fuel up to the surge tank then a VL Commodore EFI pump to supply the engine. We placed the surge tank up under the trans tunnel so that the fuel return line didnt have to go right to the back (back to the fuel tank), instead it only has to go back to the surge tank.
The trans/speedo i'll have to ring him to see what he did there because he sorted that out.

lookoutas, Jun 6, 9:21pm
Hey coon - I hate to not take your side here, but it's only an old Beddie so a Cdoor V6 and trans would be my go too.
You can buy a write-off for -500, and have everything you need.

Other question; OP mentions 253:- Is this coz you already have one!
Otherwise, go for the biggest is always the best.
When I was crazy, all my mates hotted their Mk1's up. I stuck in a Mk3 & box, using the hot cam, weber & extractors from the Mk1 engine, and it went like stink. (Well - I had to after the Mk1 poked a leg out)

jezz43, Jun 6, 9:39pm
not cause i have one, was just browsing holden V8s as ive got a 202 sitting there and it should be easier to change the mounts around. im just being lazy really

xacoon, Jun 6, 9:43pm
yeh, you know I dont usually like the easiest option though, otherwise I would have ditched the precrossflow 250 in my wagon a long time ago. always amusing the reactions I get from people when they see it now though, usually a look of confusion trying to work out what motor it is haha. actually I know where there is a 300cui motor sitting, I wonder if I could shoehorn that into my ute.! for sure the v6 may be an easy option, each to their own I suppose I would have more fun building a reliable sleeper with what is in it.

lookoutas, Jun 6, 9:48pm
You could be real stupid and suggest poking a Ford in it!

jezz43, Jun 6, 9:51pm
funnily enough, i have a 2nd bedford rolling body, its certified for a 289W. has the original bits of paper etc from the 80s.

xacoon, Jun 6, 10:03pm
hmm a beddy with a cammer in it, that could be a laugh.

lookoutas, Jun 6, 10:30pm
If you mean a 60's 427 cammer - I want it.

lookoutas, Jun 6, 10:31pm
Way't'go

xacoon, May 15, 6:47am
may not be as easy swap as a v6, I know what would be more fun though.