Big bore exhaust

dyln.sampson, Jun 5, 7:30am
My Brother gave me his used big bore exhaust. i want to put it on my galant vr4 but dont want it to be too loud lol any idea how to install it or do i just bolt it on! I think it has a 2.5"inlet with a 4"outlet

skittles93, Jun 5, 8:05am
-big sigh- the factory muffler will be welded on! Gotta cut the inlet hose, remove muffler, check if the pipe sizes are right and then weld your fart cannon on. get an exhaust shop to do it.

My other solution is of course to throw it in the bin and keep your factory one on, especially if you dont want it to be too loud!

grangies, Jun 5, 8:09am
Pay a rubbish collector to take the Big Bore exhaust away, and you'll save money in the long run.

twink19, Jun 5, 8:13am
more sleepless nights, cant wait

nickolaz, Jun 5, 10:05am
Nah, take it to the recycling centre and at least get some cash for it!

ninja_man, Jun 5, 10:09am
an exhaust wont sound that bad on a vr4, as long as its not real loud.

n1smo_gtir, Jun 5, 4:43pm
how does having a more free flowing exhaust cost more in the long run than a factory restrictive system! if ya really worry about loudness get a silencer. but seriously a turbo car with big bore is quiter than a naturally aspirited with the same big bore.

OP- are you wanting the big bore purely for noise or for performance!

n1smo_gtir, Jun 5, 4:44pm
chuck it on Trademe and ya get even more than the recycling centre.

sandypheet, Jun 5, 7:05pm
On the other hand,it wont sound good either.

mrfxit, Jun 5, 7:17pm
Nuckin fumnuts .
Gee's I wish ppl would get it right .
It's NOT a "big bore exhaust"

It's a big bore MUFFLER.

"big bore exhaust" would be from the engine to the back of the vehicle, Ie: COMPLETE big bore exhaust.

You are wanting to fit a big bore MUFFLER, about all it's going to do is make the exhaust louder & scrape on the ground

johnf_456, Jun 5, 10:14pm
True that ^

franc123, Jun 6, 7:37am
Oooh dunno about that, Galants aren't worth very much.

wrong2, May 14, 4:05am
why so defeatist !

exhausts are easy to make & modify - having a go is the kiwi way

im glad i wasnt brought up by you