Reviews on Mazda Premacy

viv28, Jun 3, 12:32am
I am looking for a 7 seater anyone out there have comments on this kind of vehicle or similar.what not to touch

trouser, Jun 3, 3:36am
With only five seats in use the premacy has possibly the most rear leg room this side of a holden statesman if the rear seats are in the 'limousine' position. The boot in this configuration is of modest (corolla) size. The third row of seats is not useable.

With the third row of seats up you need to slide the middle row around to balance the leg room between the two. The boot is pathetically small with the third row in use.

As Kaz says the fuel consumption is pretty mediocre. The 2lt I had would get about 8l per 100k on the open road. The 2l could do with more midrange torque. The top end power was ok but it needed to change into 3rd (only 4spd) too often for my liking.

My 2l sport handled quite well for what it was. With an independent rear end they ride better than say the honda stream with is torsion beam rear.

If you are going to use 5+ seats quite regularly then I would suggest looking at some thing bigger like an ipsum.

thejazzpianoma, Jun 3, 3:39am
Or if you can get away with 6 seats a Fiat Multipla will give you plenty of boot space while all 6 seats are filled yet still be super easy to maneuver and park.

Not to mention extremely low running costs with the awesome 1.9 Diesel which has loads of grunt and zip as well.

johnf_456, Jun 3, 3:41am
Gosh thejazzpianamo didn't take long to suggest the multipla word

petemun, Jun 3, 3:43am
he didnt did he jonny

johnf_456, Jun 3, 3:45am
johnf_456, I am sure there is some words that can be made out of yours.

trouser, Jun 3, 6:47am
Consider the Honda Edix if only needing 6 seats.

smith13, Jun 3, 7:51am
We got a Mazda MPV 2004 2.3 7 seater I have nothing but praise, don't know if we got lucky .but what a car !.

fordcrzy, Jun 3, 7:54am
the premacy has NO space in the boot when the back row of seats are up.you can't even get a SMALL baby stroller in there. also check out the toyota IPSUM 2002+ they have loads of smart storage space like an under floor compartment which you can get a pram in

craig04, Jun 3, 8:58am
Mazda MPV's are the anti-christ of the people movers. I have nothing but hatred for them.

jason18, Jun 3, 9:05am
That VW is a bloody nice people mover

craig04, Jun 3, 9:09am
Bloody nice people mover = oxy-moron