Any help please, airbag warning light coming on

mobea.clearance, May 25, 6:02am
2006 suzuki swift, started coming on intermittantly, now on continuously. Have wof coming up and thought i would try to save some $$$$ by finding the fault myself, any ideas greatly appreciated.

noswalg, May 25, 6:03am
Good luck on that one

_peas, May 25, 7:16am
Probably a pesky bulb in the dash illuminating the symbol I would think.

Best to get it done properly. by the time you screw about swapping things over and testing different configurations you could've paid someone anyway.At least get a professional diagnosis to shorten the list of possibles.

sebatrons13, May 25, 10:46am
Get in there and take out the bulb in the dash.

Cause you will fail WOF with the light on im pretty sure!

unclejake, May 25, 10:48am
Worst advice ever (well, probably not really ever :-)

It will fail a WOF if the light doesn't come on too.

As Peas suggests - take it to the agents for a diagnosis. It will be faster which means usually cheaper

sebatrons13, May 25, 10:54am
Nah wasnt really thought through very well on my behalf was it lol :P
Just thought id chuck it out there.

Go with the above sugestions bar mine!

robell, May 25, 10:34pm
Take it in to a garage/auto elec and get them to find out what the fault is with their code/computer thingy, will probably cost you around $35. then you know what bits to repair/replace as it could be as simple as a sensor or a major (expensive) part.

kandjaja, May 26, 12:50am
+1.could be a bulb (a few cents) or a clock spring($400 plus)

johnf_456, May 26, 1:16am
Thats if the inspector is clued up enough to look for it, but yes your right but you'd b surprised how many would not notice it.

debs53, Jun 1, 11:24pm
it will be the spiral cable. they wear out onone place on the cable.

fiatracer, Jun 2, 1:31am
often this is caused by a failed or faulty occupancy sensor in the passenger seat. Common fault with BMWs, Alfa 156s, and i have had to replace one in a Merc a class. I suspect the problem is made worse by people kneeling on the seat, like leaning into the car with knee, or to turn around to buckle child in back etc.

vtecintegra, Apr 29, 4:13pm
^^^
Happened on my Skyline too, just reset the system and it hasn't come back

The light on isn't necessarily a reason to panic, plenty of things from minor to serious that can go wrong with the system