Holden Vectra B Engine and airbag Lights stay on

lukebrown123, Sep 7, 2:30am
i have just changed my head gasket and my engine light as well as the
airbag light stays on in the dashboard any thoughts!

jasongroves, Sep 7, 4:23am
Were they on before the work was done!
What year!

jasongroves, Sep 7, 4:24am
What engine too!

thejazzpianoma, Sep 7, 5:17am
Classic one for those is camshaft/crankshaft sensors which are easily disturbed when doing a head gasket. Also look hard for vacuum hose leaks, you may have to move some hoses and really dig down around the throttle body to find the cause, its usually a hole or split on the bottom of the hose too so pull hoses off and look properly. Many people have replaced MAF sensors on those only to find the problem is a vacuum leak.

I think the airbag light will be an unrelated issue. Not sure about the Opel butt many cars have connectors under the seats that get bumped. One I do know can be an issue with Opels is the clock spring type connectors under the drivers airbag itself.

Ideally you want to get it scanned, they are annoying to scan though. A good scanner will connect to the engine ECU and give you some clues butyou likely won't get much info on the airbag. They are supposed to be OBD2 but the ones I have tried have been a bit hit and miss.

Just be VERY wary about getting any replacement parts from Repco etc. They are just outright robbing people on Opel parts, trying to charge $900 for a Maf sensors that cost $80 in other countries. Its not like these parts are obscure or unpopular they are just just taking advantage.

Don't be afraid to order gear from the U.K I ordered some gaskets the other week for one, ordered monday and they were here for the weekend. One gasket was going to be $80 trade from Repco and I got 3 for $50 delivered.

zetec, Sep 7, 6:18am
Further to Jazz's comment on UK orders, I recently ordered parts for an Astra from http://www.vauxhallworldparts.com/

They arrived fine and 20% of NZ price, courier charge erodes some of the advantage but still works out a lot cheaper than buying from Holden NZ.

thejazzpianoma, Sep 7, 7:03am
I am personally boycotting Holden Tauranga anyway. They seem to think its quite O.K to ignore the fair trading and consumer guarantees acts and operate outside the law. Not to mention blatantly lieing to customers about their costs and using bullying tactics.

Incidentally I ordered from www.vaux-world.com who were also excellent and did a wonderful job of packaging my gaskets and were super speedy as mentioned. Zetec I will keep your supplier in mind for next time as well. Cheers.

zetec, Sep 8, 7:36am
Cheers Jazz, we are selling my daughter's Astra as she is off to Perth so I won't (hopefully) need to order any more parts for it. If you ever need Ford European parts then www.fordpartsuk.com provide a fantastic service.

thejazzpianoma, Oct 14, 7:47am
Thanks! I will add that to the Jazz knowledge base too, I might have a need for some Transit parts soon so that might come in handy if they stock those.