Jaguar XJ40 Owners

2cats, Jun 1, 6:40am
Hey, any XJ40 owners out there!
This year is the 25th anniversary for the XJ40. Would be nice to have a get together to celebrate. I seem to be the only Kiwi registered on XJ40.com (a uk forum for XJ40 owners). Sign up and lets see if we can get together with a bunch of 40's.

mgmad, Jun 1, 6:53am
There's quite a few guys in the Jag Drivers Club with XJ40s in Auckland. One or two have been known to motorkhana them from time to time. very impressive.

flockton55, Jun 1, 7:09am
There are at least ten in the Christchurch Jaguar Drivers' Club. I will ask our magazine editor to put a note in the next one, or drop us a line at PO Box 1293, Christchurch.Sorry, but the XJ40 has never done it for me, I prefer the looks of my series 3 XJ12.Have you applied all the fixes for the innovative engineering that later got changed! E.g. metric tyres, high pressure brakes, self adjusting suspenson, digital instruments etc!

Just kidding!

hutchk, Jun 1, 7:42am
I've got a S3 XJ, but I wouldn't mind a late 40 ('92-'93). The S3 will always be the better looking car, but the 40 is definitely the better drive. Just need to extend the garage by 2 metres without the wife noticing, so I can fit four cars in there.

hutchk, Jun 1, 7:43am
Have to be the four headlamp version though, the big square buggers were not Jaguar's best work.!

2cats, Jun 1, 9:15am
Hi MGMAD, my XJ12 was origanly a Christchurch car (first registered at Christchurch University in 87). Let your club now about the XJ40.com forum. I think it's a great way to organise things and there's lots of good info on it. Also, if we can get some more locals on it we might be able to get our own section.

2cats, Jun 1, 9:17am
Ooops, that should have been Hi flockton 55

2cats, Jun 1, 9:20am
ah, mgmad, both myJag's have spent time in the Auckland club, as they've still got window stickers. Would love to get a bit of history on them.

flockton55, Apr 28, 5:56pm
Ah, my car is actually a Jaguar Vanden Plas H.E.and I bought it in Auckland in '93. Ex Sultanate of Oman LHD converted in NZ, owners of note Geoffrey Moyes, Craig Little (briefly).It's the only one in NZ, I think.