Jaguar x are they worth buying

Page 1 / 2
scarey65, Aug 2, 4:17pm
im considering one but would like some feedback tia

sw20, Aug 2, 8:35pm
Fancy Mondeo.

tamarillo, Aug 2, 8:58pm
Depends what you want. Based on mondeo means sound mechanicals but added electrics care of jag of that era can be dangerous. They’re not a great car but whatever turns you on.

kazbanz, Aug 3, 1:09pm
Short version NO.
Ive had a couple pass through the yard and other that the name -JAG there was nothing in any way special about the cars.
Not being smart but The Toyota Brevis I had at the time had more comfortable seats. More "bling" and handled far better that the jags.

richardmayes, Aug 3, 4:45pm
X Type or Mk X?

richardmayes, Aug 3, 4:49pm
I took a V6 Mondeo for a test drive once and liked it (but didn't buy it. ) Quite a nice car, it sounded a bit angrier and it felt much better to dig into the corners than its humble looks suggested.

Not sure it would still work like that, if it was covered in an extravagant "LOOK AT ME I'M A JAAAAAAAAG REALLY I AM!" body and full leather cow interior. ?

lythande1, Aug 3, 5:50pm

franc123, Aug 3, 6:22pm
That isnt an X type but. that is a serious WTF decision there. $40k does not buy you something you can actually rely on it seems. Pretty poor there was no proper assessment of what went wrong with it done.

scarey65, Aug 3, 6:35pm
x type

scarey65, Aug 3, 6:36pm
thank you appreciate your feedback

scarey65, Aug 3, 6:37pm
thank you everyone for your constructive comments

tamarillo, Aug 3, 7:16pm
Shouldn’t you be looking at a Renault hot hatch?

scarey65, Aug 3, 8:31pm
interesting may have to.

lexus100, Aug 4, 7:33am
I would love a Jaguar

cjohnw, Aug 4, 7:43am
Yep.
A Jaguar iPace would be on my Lotto shopping list I think.

kazbanz, Aug 4, 9:27am
On the other hand one of those deconstructed and rebuilt from the ground up mark 2 jags have always been something I'd love to own.

tgray, Aug 4, 9:51am
Put on a pair of running shoes and head off at a 180 degree angle away from the vehicle.

headcat, Aug 4, 2:45pm
Had two ford based Jags an S and an xk8. Lost considerable money on both.

scarey65, Aug 4, 6:09pm
stick to the rave4 me thinks . thank you for your input. i appreciate your feed back

bryshaw, Aug 9, 9:07am
Many of the YouTube videos of people buying Jags seem to have the same problems with electronics and strange warning messages, then there are big engine problems. It's the old story, if you can't afford a luxury car new with warranties etc then don't buy it used. Lexus though seems to be one that will run for years trouble free.

franc123, Aug 9, 9:52am
You'd have to be stupid to buy one new even. The quality of workmanship and componentry just isnt there, been that way for at least 50 years. The style over substance thing just keeps on working somehow.

tamarillo, Aug 9, 12:18pm
Jaguar Land Rover under TAta have come a long way in last years.

kazbanz, Aug 9, 12:22pm
Amazing when you trace back the history of that model. Ford plucked the V6 off of mazda -told em to stick to 4 cylinders.--Gave the technology to their Jaguar division.

franc123, Aug 9, 12:41pm
Sorry but Land Rover in particular haven't gone anywhere. Any consumer satisfaction survey will tell you that.

franc123, Aug 9, 1:10pm
Yes it goes back 30 years now. Porsche initially developed it but aborted the development programme and Ford picked it up. What Porsche originally planned to use it in is anyone's guess, it was intended right from the start to be used exclusively east-west in front drive and later AWD cars.