Tyre brands. So im looking for 12 tyres for my mira and a lot of tyre places have 39duran39 brand tyres which are apparently shi

gamerman_64, May 24, 3:49am
So Im looking for 12" tyres for my Mira, and a lot of tyre places have 'Duran' brand tyres, which are apparently shit, but I'm not really an expert.Can anyone recommend any tyres or warn me of any bad ones!Thanks :)

tmenz, May 24, 4:28am
Personal experience:
Kumho - belts failed and developed lumps. Won't touch those again.
Firestone F750 and F900 - good but very noisy.
Bridgestone Turanza - good performance, expensive, noisy
Dunlop SP 175 commercial (van) - very good all round performance.
Goodyear Performance Grip - good performance, reasonable price, nice and quiet.

mike107, May 24, 4:56am
Pick a Part often have 12 inch Tyres, as new sometimes. On Older Honda City's. About $38 for as new.

stevo2, May 24, 5:48am
Anything is good enough for a Mira. Its only a shopping basket so its not going to break any speed records.
Cheers Stevo

mrsdoobercoons, May 24, 6:17am
A lot of the 12" tyres, and especially the cheap ones are light truck tyres and way too hard in the walls for a light car.You'll be all over the road.

We've got Hankooks on our City and they are a heap better than the cheapys that were on it when we got the wee thing.

The only other new option I found in a car tyre was a Bridgstone.

gamerman_64, May 24, 8:51am
Sweet, thanks.Yeh it may be a small car and I wont be breaking speed records, but the tyres are like ice skates and Id like as much grip as possible on the road.Plus its nice to be able to stop super fast.

I'll be checking out Pickapart tomorrow then, and if they don't have anything reasonable I'll be going with Hankooks

$120/tyre is pretty expensive though.

vjregal770, May 24, 9:02am
Be wary of those "as new" $38 Jap import tyres.

They'll have near 100% tread, and they'll be 5, 10 or even 15 years old. In which case they'll be perished to buggery and/or rock hard.

franc123, May 24, 9:17am
Those 12's have always been a pain to get hold of on those Jappa puddle jumpers, some of them are as skinny as 135, theres pretty limited choice as to what you can fit.I'd be doing some measurements of the PCD/offset/centre hole size and seeing if there was a 13 or 14" rim that would suit without rubbing on anything, and matching a tyre to suit.

mike107, May 24, 10:20pm
Most tyres at pick a part are New Zealand NEW. But made overseas.

spead, May 24, 10:21pm
see the correct professionals.

r15, Mar 30, 1:17pm
i'd be trying to get some 13 inch wheels on there-that will open up your options to something half decent.

the reason why its easy to find shit tyres is because the majority of people driving cars like mira's either dont care, as long as they are round and black and pass a wof, or want THE CHEAPEST tyres they can possibly get their hands on, or both