Re-registering A 40 Year Plus Old Car?

ema1, May 23, 12:30am
What all is involved in re registering a 40 plus year old car previously owned and driven in NZ that is currently un-registered!
What are the compliance rules regarding older cars previously owned in NZ and are worthy of being restored & driven again!

muzz67, May 23, 1:24am
Dont re-register with new plates if you want to put it back on original plates eventually. Once a new reg is assigned, it becomes impossible to re-use the original number,, dammit.

magoo2, May 23, 1:36am
It cost me a bit over $400 two years ago including a years registration and new plates.Was no harder than a normal WOF

hutchk, May 23, 1:46am
I thought once plates were 'dead' they were not reusable anyway!

ginga4lyfe, May 23, 2:03am
if i remember correctly you can ask for old plates to be recommissioned if the current numbers are not in use! I read it somewhere in anew change to the licensing thing!

unbeatabull, Mar 23, 6:43am
Make sure new brake pads etc are done and you have measured rotor thickness (If it has rotors) and can show them that they are above the minimum, I also had to fill out a "Brake Declaration" form to show they are all OEM Parts with reciepts to prove.

I also had to go to the police station with Rego/VIN Number and get them to check that it has not been reported stolen/wanted/any interest to the NZ Police