Who's YOUR mechanic?

debulebule, May 20, 6:06am
From time to time the inevitable happens and your car needs repairing. Who do you use in your city! Let this serve as a guide to those of us who don't have a reputable mechanic in their area. (hey! no self promos, remember ;)) I use DM Automotive in Tauranga. Awesome team, and Dion has always gone the extra mile to get my car's up and running again asap. Whether it was my old POS bluebird or my S320, it doesn't matter. The same attention to detail goes into all his work. What about you!!

attitudedesignz, May 20, 6:07am
Do it myself.

henderson_guy, May 20, 6:08am
Myself and all my family use AutoTechnique on 11th Ave. Brilliant guy, just brilliant.

debulebule, May 20, 6:13am
I do what i can myself, sometimes the buck stops with the big jobs and i'd only make it worse. Slowly learning more and more every day though, love working on my car!

stevo2, May 20, 6:19am
Also in Tauranga and looking for a good mechanic for petrol and diesels. Just looking for someone charging a fair price and honest.
I do routine servicing only nowadays as I've got better things to do with my precious weekends.
My daughter uses Asplin Motors on 3rd ave and friends use Autostop Greerton.
Cheers Stevo

jasongroves, May 20, 6:22am
Me.have a few qualified mates whom are always very helpful when I need it or I come on here and get advice then DIY;)

attitudedesignz, May 20, 6:26am
Me.have a few qualified mates whom are always very helpful when I need it or I come on here and get advice then go else where and ask someone who DOES know what they're talking about.;)

Fixed it for you Jason LOL.

johnf_456, May 20, 7:14am
+3

roys351, May 20, 7:14am
do most myself but anything i cant i go to jensen & moore in levin very honest & fantastic service

thejazzpianoma, May 20, 8:07am
I work on my own cars again now but when I was too crook and when I had the business and had no time I used "The Garage" (actual name of the place) in Papamoa Tauranga.

Brent & Caleb are excellent mechanics, have some really nice gear and are still really reasonable on price. They are also very ethical (well above and beyond the call) so are a good safe bet for sending someone who isn't "in the know".

Top work from top guys, couldn't recommend them enough.

debulebule, May 20, 8:11am
There are more people from TGA on here than i realised. Jazz, that's not the first good word i've heard about The Garage. Might have to give them a shot next time the dreaded happens.

quickstitch, May 20, 8:31am
I try not to get my hands dirty anymore, even tho i am a dab hand on the spanners myself.i have two good mates that are mechanics, and i give them my work, Wittz Automotive in One Tree Hill and the other i cant mention as he works for cash only from home. How's this for cheap, remove trans in falcon, supply s/hand torque convertor, refit and new oil, $70. And thats from the mechanic with the workshop. Of course that is mates rates.But everyone i have put onto him have become regular customers and give glowing feedback.

debulebule, May 20, 9:51am
Speaking of tauranga, noone would have any idea who can do a decent custom exhaust around here would they!

thejazzpianoma, May 20, 9:56am
Sounds good, feel free to give them a wind when you book it in, tell them your car is a Multipla some guy off the internet recommended you buy and you love it to bits. That always goes down a treat!

mouse_y, May 20, 9:57am
find a Goody. . and keep him/her

ginga4lyfe, May 20, 9:58am
My uncle, and Myself are my mechanics, Otherwise If i ever get another BMW Burger Motor Works in the north shore are my Bimmer Mechanics

trogedon, May 20, 10:21am
quickstitch wrote:
I try not to get my hands dirty anymore, even tho i am a dab hand on the spanners myself.

Any ya' humble with it

trogedon, May 20, 10:24am
I too do my own stuff but if we need the car quickly or it has me stumped then I use (Kaz!) Lance at NPD Maintanence at Kumeu or Eurofix in Henderson Valley Road (our Jap cars so they can find out how easy they are to work on c.f. VWs).

craig04, May 20, 6:45pm
Murray

big.b-lil.c, May 20, 7:09pm
some things i do myself, usually on the old cars. we use glendene motors for cathys surf (has to be mta for warranty). or mac motors in henderson. the trucks get looked after by goughs for the cat powered one and cummins for the cummins powered one.

brapbraprx7, May 21, 10:18am
I always do it myself

xs1100, May 21, 10:45am
andre at devonport auto service centre is a top mechanic real old school for peps on the shore

ginga4lyfe, May 22, 12:16pm
Outa that list it says "papatoetoe auto electrical" that should be removed imo, I used to work there , and im sure alot of people here would say that i dont give the best advice :) , + on top of screwing me over, they lied to other potential employers i had, killing my possibility of being an apprentice ( although i passed MITO's Auto electonics with a 100% pass rate! )

ginga4lyfe, Mar 21, 1:56am
Im not sure I follow your last part of that, you signed up to Oldschool.co.nz! Iv been thinking of doing so since i have the Triumph, and like my older cars, but I just dont feel too compelled to sign up, though since alot of the people have been unrightfully banned for no reason , and them being alot of the good blokes, i may need to start looking for good advice in other places, hmmm. Im soo half arsed.I still need a Job too haha, Too bad the position at Auto-one Manukau isnt being filled anytime soon ( because the owner doesnt need me yet.apparently )