Smooth engine bay, best way to fill holes.

Page 2 / 2
xacoon, May 17, 10:28am
kinda what I'm looking at but painted, odball colour as far as xas go, baby blue wasnt the most popular colour but I like it, especially with the black strip along the sill.

xacoon, May 17, 10:30am
this is not a seller, have 5 other vehicles I will sell before this one, not that I havent had offers haha.

xacoon, May 17, 10:33am
I have been using the 3m discs that go in drills, for the small amounts I do seem to go pretty good. if you are up this way at some stage call in for a beer, would like to talk panel. that xf no good to you!

xacoon, May 17, 10:39am
no pics on this comp john sorry

johnf_456, May 17, 10:43am
Its ok, sounds like a cool project. Just not enough car space here for projects at the moment.

roys351, May 17, 10:43am
fair enough most of mine i prefer to look like they just rolled out of grandads shed but the ones im keeping all have something different about them so good onya you cant go wrong with a coon !

xacoon, May 17, 10:49am
I'm just getting a wee bit obsessed with this engine bay, jasongroves (top bugger) sorts out powdercoating for me, getting shock tower top mounts, engine mounts, thermo housing, timing chain cover and rocker cover powder coated gloss black, block painted ford blue, after having un needed steel shaved and smoothed, now just got to sort the finer points of the rest of the engine bay, got most of the wires hidden. dont care what the rest of the car looks like haha

roys351, May 17, 10:56am
sounds good

xacoon, May 17, 11:00am
got one problem. every time I start thinking of the colour scheme, I start singing kenny wayne sheppard. blue on black. could be worse colour schemes to sing along to i suppose

roys351, May 17, 11:07am
its a coon it must be black lol

jasongroves, May 17, 11:18am
Doc Martin Cherry Black;)

mrfxit, May 18, 12:09am
Mmmmm good idea & would be a faster job for the bolt holes & using 2 ppl.
Then just spot the outside in a few places/ grind flush & underseal over for the hidden places like under the guards

gunhand, May 18, 12:09am
I have family in timaru so you never no when I may turn up lol. Na sorry need an XE bonnet. Got a panelvan im tidying up for nephew and the bonnet is crazy cracked to hell and its way quicker to get a better bonnet.
But thanks for the offer.

lookoutas, May 18, 5:33am
Are you for real!

johnf_456, May 18, 5:34am
I don't have a primera no idea where you got that from.

johnf_456, May 18, 5:35am
Is it a crime taking an interest!

lookoutas, May 18, 5:47am
That non-ferris block behind is a good scheme. I use a 60 x 60 x 4mm thick piece of ally box section - and it hardly even gets hot. If it does, it's pretty quick to cool down in some water.

xacoon, Mar 4, 5:52pm
well the guard are off at the moment so will be easy access with a block on the back side, only the sides need done really, firewall wont need touched except for paint.