What is the law regarding.

gamerman_64, May 13, 10:27am
removing seats from your car!I got some rust repairs to do in the back, so I need to take out the seats, but I also need to get to work and back every day and hate the hassle of taking them out and putting them back in.So is it cool to drive around with no seats in the back!And what about the passenger seat. Can I take that out!I heard that so long as you leave the seatbelts in place its fine.If anyone can tell me whether or not this is illegal it would be great, thanks :)

gamerman_64, May 13, 10:40am
I just read somewhere that it was legal so long as you also remove the seatbelts.If anyone has any more advice on this it would be awesome.

buyme3, May 13, 11:08am
its all legal till you get caught, would be cool thou if you goin for the wanabe twit look

gamerman_64, May 13, 11:12am
So its illegal!Also I hardly think a Daihatsu Mira with no seats will make anyone look 'cool'.Basically the only reason I want to remove the seats anyway is I have some rust to patch up and it will be a pain to keep reinstalling the seats every time I want to go somewhere

johnf_456, May 13, 11:14am
Perhaps just do the project in one good weekend, rather than doing it a bit at a time!

gamerman_64, May 13, 11:16am
I wish, but I work 7 days a week, I only get a window of a few hours each day to do it in.

i-n-horz, May 13, 1:05pm
I was told some time ago you could drive your car with no door while sitting on a beer crate as long as you have your seat belt on.I may be mistaken, it could be 'I was p!ssed some time ago.yada-yada-yada.

kcf, May 13, 10:03pm
Remove the seat, and the seat belt that goes with it.Just in case you get some brainwave friend who decides that sitting on the floor with the seatbelt wrapped around their neck is a good idea.

guider1, Feb 15, 8:57pm
Our Terrano had the usual rust in the rear safety belt anchor points so I just removed the rear seats & belts, then got the vehicles legal description changed to "2 seater". Beats paying $2500 for a repair & repair cert if you dont need them.