Getting Petrol out of carpet.

orcawhale, May 6, 9:30pm
how do u get rid of the smell! and clean it!

asking on behalf.,

tia

intrade, May 6, 9:37pm
petrol evaporates are we talking car!
dont smoke in the car . and the only real answer would be to remove and wash the carpet. the problem is below the carpet is usually some sponge like underlay on cars that will soak up water petrol all liquids. So it would smell for months and be a Fire explosion danger also. now if you cant do the removal of the carpet you can see if there is drain plugs and then flood the carpet with fresh water . this is only for big amounts of petrol spilledlike 1 or more liter petrol.
If it is just a small stain of petrol that smells you can get a wet and dry vaccume cleaner and soak it with hot soapy water them suck the stuff off. Its not recommended to try and suck petrol with a vet and dry as it could go boom from the fuemes and the sparks inside the vaccume.

kcf, May 6, 10:08pm
use a cigarette lighter to get the smell out*

*well, yeah, it will be replaced by the smell of your car burning to the ground, but it won't smell of petrol any more.

cuda.340, May 6, 10:11pm
it's like the smell in the toilet, light a match.

orcawhale, May 6, 10:45pm
no.

its on house carpet.

the persons genset he keeps inside leaked petrol onto the trolley it sits on.

he has kept his door open and windows.

johnf_456, May 6, 10:49pm
Sure.

intrade, May 6, 10:51pm
get a rug-doctor . and soak the spill with warm hot water befor going over with rug-doctor you can hire from any supermarket.
one thing you have to check do is what is the floor made up off ! concret-slab! real wood or .weetbix!=particle flooring.
if it is weetbix then you want to make sure you dry carpet well and in that case i would use only a wet-and-dry vaccume cleanerhot soapy water and upholstery cleaner from the rugdocktor or supercheap auto car upholstery cleaner and odorkiller spray.

intrade, May 6, 10:58pm

40wav, May 7, 12:48am
Shouldn't that be "How do I get rid of the smell.Before The Missus Gets Home!"

lookoutas, May 7, 6:48am
Both could explode!

lookoutas, May 7, 6:50am
And that rules out - "Don't bring that bike inside again ya bastard"

Spoze it's 91 - That crap stinks for ages!

morrisman1, May 7, 7:43am
If only it was AVGAS, problem solved as you wouldn't want to get rid of the smell

rlr29, May 7, 9:30am
Dang. Thought this was new biofuel.

Ohwell.Off to throw some underlay on the logburner.

orcawhale, May 7, 10:13am
ha ha.

he doesnt have a missus.

he is a elderly man who lives on his own.

for_an_angel, Jan 23, 2:12pm
Haha I thought that too. price of fuel these days I was thinking dam I got a house load of carpet that I could turn into fuel. click on this post to find out how . ok! lol