HELP with car not going into gear

tekaholics, May 6, 4:48am
I own a H22a DOHC VTEC 93 honda accord.Ive only owned it for a couple of days now. When I bort it, the previous owner said that the slave cylinder has been changed and all was needed was to bleed the clutch.
I posted up a thread on here for advice on how to do it, but it still never worked.

The car goes into gear fine when its turned off.But if I start it in gear it drives forward, slowly.

When I come to a give way sign, the cars revs drop, like its gonna stall.

Can't start the car and put it in gear, not even reverse.

Its also hard to change gear sometimes when driving.

Could it still be the slave or master cylinder!

buyme3, May 6, 4:56am
its your quantum diffuser on the way out

franc123, May 6, 4:58am
Yeah probably.If you are certain that it has been bled properly, get someone to pump the clutch pedal up and down several times and then hold it down, whilst you watch the end of the clutch fork where the slave cyl engages in it.If the fork slowly moves back towards the cylinder or doesn't seem to move it very far when the pedal is pumped it will be the master cyl, unless of course in the unlikely event there is a leak in the hoses or pipe joints.

tekaholics, May 6, 5:00am
What is that!

buyme3, May 6, 5:04am
it comes jut behind the plasma generator, warp gets very difficult if not synchronised properly

laneyjan, May 6, 5:07am
buyme why are you being obtuse to a genuine request for help!

elect70, May 6, 5:15am
But was it a new or used cylinderif used buy &fit a new one then bleed as above

tekaholics, May 6, 5:19am
Im not too sure if it was used or new. I was gonna buy a new clutch kit for it, lucky!

nz2293, May 6, 7:09am
is that the version they offer on non vtec models

jsbike, May 6, 7:11am
ha ha, I have only ever heard the word "obtuse" on shawshank redemtion and family guy.

Either way, I bet there is more wrong with the car than just needing to bleed the clutch. if it was just that, the previous owner would have done it.

hijacka, May 6, 9:13am
Nope won't be that.
It could how ever be the bands on the pressure plate have snapped.
If you have ruled out slave and master cylinder and lines then thats what it will be.
Snapped bands/Straps on the pressure plate 100%

hijacka, May 6, 12:48pm
Just reading this over again and your problem is most diffenatley 100% bet me left one, the pressure plate straps have snapped,.The previous owner will know this aswell, or at least know the something more was wrong with it than trapped air in the system or slave/master cyl leaking, Because he or she would have been racing/thrashing it and changed gear fast during high revs slapping the clutch pedal out at high speed and snapp,.crunch ''oh Fark that didn't sound good''.stop and stool, select gear with engine off/.start car and crawl back home. sells car cause can't afford to get a new clutch. Really sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
Bout 3hundy for a new clutch kit. can you install it yourself!

tekaholics, Jan 19, 9:09pm
Yes, about a year ago I came on here and asked about changing a clutch and you took me step through step. So thanks to you I can. I got a clutch on here $275 buy now.

THANKS HEAPS EVERYONE FOR YOUR INPUT.THIS COMMUNITY BOARD IS SO HELPFUL. THANKS AGAIN